Community discussions

MikroTik App

secatero
just joined
Topic Author

Can't regain access to hAP ac3 LTE6

Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:19 pm

Hi,

I bought my first Mikrotik router, which is a hAP ac3 LTE6 RBD53GR. On first connection to the computer I was able to update RouterOS to 7.8 and everything was working correctly. After that, I tried to configure a Wireguard connection so that all the LTE traffic was routed over a Mullvad VPN.

The commands I executed were these:
/interface wireguard add listen-port=51820 name=wireguard-inet private-key="xxxx" comment="Internet through WireGuard commercial VPN provider"
/interface wireguard peers add allowed-address=0.0.0.0/0 endpoint-address=xxxx endpoint-port=51820 interface=wireguard-inet persistent-keepalive=25m \
    public-key="xxxx" comment="Internet through WireGuard commercial VPN provider"
/interface list member add interface=wireguard-inet list=WAN comment="Internet through WireGuard commercial VPN provider"
/ip address add address=10.66.196.67/32 interface=wireguard-inet comment="Internet through WireGuard commercial VPN provider"
/routing table add name=wireguard-wan fib comment="Internet through WireGuard commercial VPN provider"
/ip route add dst-address=0.0.0.0/0 gateway=wireguard-inet routing-table=wireguard-wan comment="Internet through WireGuard commercial VPN provider"
/routing rule add action=lookup src-address=192.168.88.0/24 table=wireguard-wan comment="Internet through WireGuard commercial VPN provider"
I think my mistake was on the last command since right after executing it, I lost access to the router: I can't access to the web based configuration or connect through SSH.

I tried to carry out a factory reset by unplugging the DC cable, pressing the reset button and releasing it once the main LED starts blinking. After having done that multiple times, when now I connect the router to my laptop through an Ethernet cable, the address the laptop gets according to the ifconfig command is the following:
en4: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	options=6467<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,TSO4,TSO6,CHANNEL_IO,PARTIAL_CSUM,ZEROINVERT_CSUM>
	ether 9c:eb:e8:fc:3d:53
	inet6 fe80::85e:d3a8:a4b4:6400%en4 prefixlen 64 secured scopeid 0xd
	inet 169.254.120.69 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 169.254.255.255
	nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>
	media: autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
So my guess is that the factory reset is not actually taking place. I read the user manual but no further details are provided.

What other things could I try in order to regain access to the router?

Thanks in advance.