Community discussions

MikroTik App

Hoov
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

ROS v7 on an ARM board

Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:10 pm

I just recently aquired a a hAP ax2 router. Had to buy it in Canada and get shipped to the US. But anyway I opened uo winbox and got into it, and it is different than ROS v7 installed on a hAP AC Router. I was wondering if there is any documentation for this sort of combination?

Also I want to let you know that on the hAP AX2 there is a username and password in these devices fresh from the factory. At least mine did, even though the online instructions never mention them. They appear to be different with each device, and they are on the sticker on the device. Even though the text is small enough that anyone whos eyes are starting to go will have problems seeing them.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: ROS v7 on an ARM board

Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:22 pm

... it is different than ROS v7 installed on a hAP AC Router.

Disclaimer: I don't own neither hAP ax2 nor hAP ac. However I do have a few other mikrotik devices (different architectures even) running v7 and they all seem alike. With one difference: wireless config comes in two varieties, one is legacy (and is sane as it was in v6), the other is new wifiwave2. hAP ax2 is only supported by wifiwave2 and I guess you were used to the legacy wireless configuration style.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:28 pm

And the sticker with default password is normal too on newer devices.

Hoov
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:34 am

the hAP AX2 is wave2, and yes up to this first device we have only used devices with ROS v6. That is kind of why I purchased this device, I want to see what we will be getting. We have nearly 200 mikrotik devices in our network, and this one is different. There is no CAPsMAN, the wireless section is totally different, there are containers now (one thing I am looking forward to). I have not dug thru it too much, as I wanted to get some guidence first. Anything out there that will show me the changes?

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:46 am

There is capsman but still in early stages and some parts of it only using cli.
You can not mix capsman for legacy and wifiwave2 radios. For now. You will need 2 controllers then.
If you are familiar with capsman, setting up wifewave2 is very much alike.

For the rest I would suggest to have a look here as well:
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... h+examples

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:47 am

...Even though the text is small enough that anyone whos eyes are starting to go will have problems seeing them.
For years sn#, model names, types, voltage and a lot of other info on laptops, PSU etc. are embossed with laser on chassis the way that it's impossible to read it without 20-years old eyes and magnifying glass. Rules are obeyed but producers do not help to find that info just to make life of servicemen harder. So what is the problem?