Community discussions

MikroTik App

Renfrew
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ax^3 with Gigaset N300IP - IP/Neighbors

Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:49 pm

I recently received an hAP ax^3, and immediately updated the software to v7.8 as recommended in the documentation. I cannot therefore say whether the problem I found is specific to ROS 7.8.

Problem
I've a Gigaset N300IP attached to an ethernet port on the router which worked as expected when first configured. However, upon rebooting the router I found that the N300 would connect at first but lose connectivity after 3mins. The connection statistics showed that the UDP timeout declined steadily from 3mins to 0mins whereupon the port 5060 connection to the remote server was lost. I tried enabling and disabling the SIP ALG on the router, and enabling/disabling the STUN server settings on the N300, but nothing worked and the problem persisted.

Solution
By chance, I discovered that the "IP/Neighbors" Discovery setting on the router was enabled by default for all interfaces. Upon changing this setting to "none", the N300 had no further issues in connecting to the remote SIP server.

I am not knowledgeable enough to research the cause of this issue in detail, but offer this empirical solution for anyone in a similar position.

--
Renfrew

massinia
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: hAP ax^3 with Gigaset N300IP - IP/Neighbors

Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:38 pm

I discovered that the "IP/Neighbors" Discovery setting on the router was enabled by default for all interfaces.
Hi, maybe it's something you changed because in my hAP ax^3 (ROS 7.8 ) and hAP ax^2 (ROS 7.8 ) the default is this:
discovery.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Renfrew
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:39 pm

You are correct. My default was "LAN" and I can only offer memory lapse as an excuse.

It doesn't affect the solution, however.

Thanks
--
Renfrew

cseta
just joined

Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:26 pm

Similar issue with Gigaset A690IP and hAP ac^3 LTE... Thanks for posting this!