Community discussions

MikroTik App

tihovsky
Topic Author

Capsman export commands order

Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:35 pm

Noticed on 7.8 that Capsman export creates script with wrong order of the commands, so automated importing to backup Capsman doesn't work properly.
As a bypass export can be done in pieces step by step and imported in the same manner, but just to note that this worked on the last version 6 prior to the upgrade.

tihovsky
Topic Author

Re: Capsman export commands order

Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:27 pm

Wanted to reiterate prior to submitting a bug request as the issue is still present in 7.11 where the order of Capsman export/import seems wrong.

Exporting Capsman settings using the command: /caps-man export file=ExportCapsman.rsc show-sensitive
exports data into .rsc file, with the following order of commands:
/caps-man channel
/caps-man rates
/caps-man security
/caps-man access-list
/caps-man configuration
/caps-man datapath
/caps-man interface
/caps-man manager
/caps-man manager interface
/caps-man provisioning

on the destination router after clearing all old Capsman settings, new configuration import is done using the command:
/import ExportCapsman.rsc;

where importing Capsman configurations PRIOR to importing datapath raises an error and import fails with only partially imported Capsman settings.

Ofc, I could modify my script to do segmented export/delete/import, but I figured that I am not alone with this problem and changing export process to execute datapath export prior to configuration export would help all users who want to simply enable Capsman redundancy in this way.

Thx!