Community discussions

MikroTik App

sergiobaiao
just joined
Topic Author

Backup WAN links over Fiber

Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:41 am

Hi there,

I have been working on a project where i'm connecting 3 different stores all together over fiber links. This is more or less the scenario:
links.jpg
Each store has its own dedicated internet link. The main store is connected to store 01 and store 02 over fiber links.

Almost everything is working as of now. I can connect to any machine on any store from any store. All internal routing is working. But i'm am now stuck on the last part of the project.

I need to be able to use the main store internet link as a backup link for store 01 and store 02. I also need to be able to use the internet link of store 01 or store 02 as backup links for the main store.

I have done some testing and it looks like that i made it work partially. When i remove the internet link from store 01 or store 02, they successfully route over the main store internet link, as the default gateway on both stores routers are set to the main store (with a higher distance, of course).

But when i remove the internet link from the main store, what happens is that the connection is routed through one of the smaller stores, but when it reaches the router of that store, it's coming back to the main store router. So, if i remove the main store internet link and, as an example, do a traceroute to, let's say, 8.8.8.8, the trace will go to 192.168.254.2 (or 192.168.254.3) and then route back to 192.168.0.1 (the main store router).

I really don't know what i'm doing wrong here.
main_Store.rsc
store_01.rsc
I've attached only the store_01 file as store_02 is exactly the same, the only change is the ip address
trace.png
As you can see in the above image, the trace goes out (192.168.254.3) and then back (192.168.0.1).

Can you please advice?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ca6ko

Re: Backup WAN links over Fiber

Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:02 am

Print the output of the command IP route print