Community discussions

MikroTik App

WoZeR
just joined
Topic Author

GPEN21 Denial of Service

Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:31 pm

We are using the CubeG-5ac60ad devices to wireless connect remote locations with 1Gbit and those devices are working great. When we attach those devices to our network ring we decided to use fiber as a means for lightning protection. We are using the GPEN21 devices to PoE inject the CubeG-5ac60ad and using a SFP with fiber going to our network equipment. This setup is working great for us but we ran into an issue with stability with the GPEN21 devices. Our security team does occasional NMAP scans on our network infrastructure for auditing and vulnerability detection. We discovered running a simple NMAP scan against the GPEN21 devices causes it to crash and lock up. We noticed the devices will crash and reload and sometimes they will hard lock requiring us to drive out to those locations and power cycle the device to get it working again. From what I can tell, when the management http webpage is scanned is when the device lockup happens. I added ACLs on the GPEN21 to block traffic from the NMAP scanner but that doesn't prevent the devices from locking up. Because of this we can no longer use the GPEN21 devices in a production environment.

Can someone from Mikrotik take a look at this Denial of Service issue and supply a solution for this.

Thanks

WilayaMayang
just joined

Re: GPEN21 Denial of Service

Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:46 am

It's understandable that this is causing inconvenience for your team, especially in remote locations. Have you reached out to Mikrotik support directly to report this issue? They may be able to provide a solution or workaround for you, or at the very least investigate the issue further to determine the cause of the instability. It's possible that a firmware update or configuration change could resolve the issue.

WoZeR
just joined
Topic Author

Re: GPEN21 Denial of Service

Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:58 am

Thanks, I opened a support ticket: SUP-113048