Community discussions

MikroTik App

MOHANAD89
just joined
Topic Author

no access: IP: 0.0.0.0 , Winbox can see MAC cant access also

Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:57 am

Dear Mikrotik Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you today because I have encountered an issue with my Mikrotik Router X86 6.48.2 (Stable) that I am hoping you can assist me with.

I recently uploaded a backup file to my router, but unfortunately, I lost access to it shortly thereafter. Currently, the router appears on Winbox as having a 0.0.0.0 IP address, and I am unable to log in to its MAC address as it gives me an error.

Unfortunately, my router does not have a reset button, which has left me unsure of how to proceed. I was hoping that you might be able to suggest a tool or method that I could use to flash the firmware using the MAC address, or alternatively, a tool that would allow me to access the router through MAC telnet.

Alternatively, if there is a way to determine the IP address from the backup file that I uploaded to the router, I would be grateful for any assistance you can provide in this regard.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely,

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: no access: IP: 0.0.0.0 , Winbox can see MAC cant access also

Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:51 am

Was that backup file from the same router, or did you mistakenly upload the backup from another router?
In that case: you will need to reset to defaults anyway.

Anyway, when you still have the password (assuming that was not unknown in the backup) you can login on the local console.
There you can do a /system reset-configuration and start fresh.