Community discussions

MikroTik App

namereuser
just joined
Topic Author

LHG LTE18 Kit not visible on network but internet is detected - how to reset it from remote?

Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:11 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering, is there a way to reset (or make visible) the LHG LTE18 KIT if it is not visible to winbox, webfig nor the MikroTik app?

The situation:
I have this antenna installed onto a very high mast, the ethernet cable is then plugged into hap ac3 5port router which also powers it. Both are running RouterOS 7.7. The antenna has proton VPN set up on it (OpenVPN as client). The haP was in bridge mode. All clients were connected to the router via wifi (2.4Ghz) and the mobile devices + tv kept dropping connection several times daily but the laptops were fine. For a few months i've been using it like this as i didn't have time to get to the bottom of it. Recently I tried to fix this issue based on what I gathered from this forum but apparently i did screw it up. The last thing i have changed before the antenna went, was the name of the network on the antennas quick setup page in webfig.
Now, the antenna is not visible on the network. If i use the MikroTik app, i can access the haP, which detects internet. If i use the google search on my phone whilst connected to the haP, i have search result but it doesn't open any webpages.
Also tried to connect just the antenna using the above devices and methods. Still not visible. I did reset the haP many times, just in case but no luck.

I thought the best way would be to start with a clean slate and reset the antenna too but it is very awkward to get to it and to realign it. Since the router detects the internet i assumed i could still connect to it somehow and have a reset initiated via terminal or winbox.

Can anyone maybe help me on this?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
N.

namereuser
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LHG LTE18 Kit not visible on network but internet is detected - how to reset it from remote?  [SOLVED]

Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:56 pm

Just an update to those who happen to read this apparently unpopular topic =)..
I ended up climbing up to the antenna with an extension lead, PoE injector and a patch cable. Connecting via the PoE injector, the antenna was finally visible. So I tested the ethernet cable to the router with a Ethernet tester kit and turned out the RJ45 pin #2 (T-568B) on my ethernet cable(to the router) was showing no continuity. That is supposed to be -BI_DA.

I still don’t get how did it detect internet if it didn’t have the mirrored signal for reference. First I thought it must have broken just when I unplugged it. So I cut the both end of the cable back a few meters and re-crimped them. Same issue. Pin #2 was still dead.
I installed a new length of cable and that did the job. The antenna was visible again on the network.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LHG LTE18 Kit not visible on network but internet is detected - how to reset it from remote?

Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:02 pm

The reason why no one answered you, you found out by yourself...