Community discussions

MikroTik App

tchuis2003
just joined
Topic Author

manage routers

Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:22 pm

Good morning,
I have several routers that I manage remotely.
I regularly modify the configurations on the routers and for that I have to connect to each router to modify the config.
I would like to know how to modify the configuration of all the routers without however logging on to each of them.
thank

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: manage routers

Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:29 pm

without however logging on to each of them
You still need to do that, if not "by hand", something must do it....

Or put on one shared folder on some webisite the script,
fetch if by /tool fetch and import with /import command.

tchuis2003
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:32 pm

is it possible that i use an ftp server to share the file that includes the new configurations?
like this all routers can connect to the ftp server to download the configuration file and update the configurations

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:16 pm

...and what would I have just written?

JayarToncakitty
just joined

Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:01 am

You can use network automation tools like Ansible, SaltStack or Puppet to modify the configurations of all your routers at once. These tools allow you to define the configuration changes in code and apply them to multiple devices simultaneously. Another option is to use a network management system (NMS) like SolarWinds or ManageEngine, which can help you manage your network devices and configurations from a central location.

LanaerTheetr
just joined

Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:51 pm

If you have multiple routers that you manage remotely, there are a few ways you can modify the configurations on all of them without having to log in to each router individually.

One option is to use a network management tool that allows you to configure and manage multiple devices from a central location. There are many network management tools available, both free and paid, that can help you manage multiple routers at once. These tools often allow you to automate configuration changes across multiple devices, saving you time and effort.

Another option is to use a configuration management tool like Ansible or Puppet, which allows you to define the desired state of your devices in code, and then apply that configuration to all of your devices at once. This can be a very powerful approach, as it allows you to automate the configuration of your devices and ensure that they are always in the desired state.

Regardless of which approach you choose, it's important to make sure that you have a backup of your current configurations before making any changes. This will help you avoid any unintended consequences that could result from a configuration change.