Community discussions

MikroTik App

rgear13
just joined
Topic Author

Configuration ipoe in mikrotik

Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:47 pm

Hello,
Does anyone know if it is possible to configure ipoe in mikrotik, i am migrating my wireless network to gpon, but the onus use the ipoe protocol for connection, i have investigated but there is not much information about the protocol, i am confused its implementation should be easy.

DerauKamyar
just joined

Re: Configuration ipoe in mikrotik  [SOLVED]

Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:12 am

Yes, it is possible to configure IPoE (IP over Ethernet) on a MikroTik router. IPoE is a protocol used for connecting a client device to a network using Ethernet, without requiring any PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) authentication.

To configure IPoE on a MikroTik router, you will need to follow the steps below:

Connect your ONT (Optical Network Terminal) to the MikroTik router's Ethernet port.
Go to the router's Winbox interface and navigate to IP -> DHCP Server.
Click on the Networks tab and create a new network by clicking on the Add button.
Set the network's name, subnet, and gateway. Then, under DHCP Options, select "use radius" and enter the IP address of your RADIUS server.
Click on the Apply button to save your changes.
Once you have configured IPoE on your MikroTik router, your ONT should be able to connect to your network without requiring any PPP authentication.

rgear13
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Configuration ipoe in mikrotik

Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:48 pm

Yes, it is possible to configure IPoE (IP over Ethernet) on a MikroTik router. IPoE is a protocol used for connecting a client device to a network using Ethernet, without requiring any PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) authentication.

To configure IPoE on a MikroTik router, you will need to follow the steps below:

Connect your ONT (Optical Network Terminal) to the MikroTik router's Ethernet port.
Go to the router's Winbox interface and navigate to IP -> DHCP Server.
Click on the Networks tab and create a new network by clicking on the Add button.
Set the network's name, subnet, and gateway. Then, under DHCP Options, select "use radius" and enter the IP address of your RADIUS server.
Click on the Apply button to save your changes.
Once you have configured IPoE on your MikroTik router, your ONT should be able to connect to your network without requiring any PPP authentication.
thanks I will try.