MikroTik App

miankamran7100
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Omnitik 5AC

Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:17 am

Dear experts,
I have facing issues with my Omnitik 5AC AP.
I have 7 Stations connected with Omnitik. 1 station is LHG5 and the other 6 stations are Litebeam M5.
Max distance from AP to the station is 600 meters.
my users claim me Internet is chocked or stops for a few second
Please help me with how I can Improve my Wireless Connection.
Is any changes required on Omnitik (Like Frequency, Band, or Installation, Frequency mode)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Omnitik 5AC

Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:17 am

Add a new logging rule with wireless and debug topics. Then watch the Log and see if anything interesting happens at the moment when the users say it is lagging.

Ca6ko

Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:54 am

There may be several problems, there is not enough information to determine which one it is.
1. There may be dfs signal detection
2. Could be interference from another station
3. Maybe one user is occupying the entire internet channel.
and a few more.
Create a detailed description
Right now I can say the following you have a very low signal from clients for a distance of up to 600 m. If properly configured Litebeam M5 can work at a distance of 5 km or more. By adjusting exactly the direction to the antenna you should get the maximum signal Tx in the registration table. You have to get a signal stronger than -60 (now it ranges from -64 to -40) Then by adjusting the power on the client you have to set the Rx signal to about the same for all and again it has to be -60 or stronger. (right now it ranges from -75 to -58)
You have all devices of standard n, so select "n only" in the settings. This will slightly increase the overall performance of the network.
For the Omnitik 5AC, it is more correct to choose ac devices. Microtic SXTsq 5 ac, DISC Lite5 ac, LHG 5 ac or Ubiquiti LiteBeam 5AC LBE-5AC-23

PS On a device that receives -40 signal I would remove the side lobes of the dish, which would reduce the gain

FezzFest
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:58 pm

@Ca6ko is mostly correct, except for the recommendation to use Ubiquiti LiteBeam 5AC LBE-5AC-23, since Ubiquiti ac devices will only connect to Ubiquiti AirMAX ac access points. Since LiteBeam M5 are single-chain (1x1, SISO) devices (in contrast to LiteBeam 5AC, they are 2x2 MIMO), have you tried disabling the second chain on the Omnitik 5ac?

Ca6ko

Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:22 pm

I did not know that Ubiquiti LiteBeam 5AC LBE-5AC-23 does not disable AirMAX.

miankamran7100
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:26 pm

Add a new logging rule with wireless and debug topics. Then watch the Log and see if anything interesting happens at the moment when the users say it is lagging.
How to add a new rule with wireless and debug topics?

miankamran7100
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:07 pm

There may be several problems, there is not enough information to determine which one it is.
1. There may be dfs signal detection
2. Could be interference from another station
3. Maybe one user is occupying the entire internet channel.
and a few more.
Create a detailed description
Right now I can say the following you have a very low signal from clients for a distance of up to 600 m. If properly configured Litebeam M5 can work at a distance of 5 km or more. By adjusting exactly the direction to the antenna you should get the maximum signal Tx in the registration table. You have to get a signal stronger than -60 (now it ranges from -64 to -40) Then by adjusting the power on the client you have to set the Rx signal to about the same for all and again it has to be -60 or stronger. (right now it ranges from -75 to -58)
You have all devices of standard n, so select "n only" in the settings. This will slightly increase the overall performance of the network.
For the Omnitik 5AC, it is more correct to choose ac devices. Microtic SXTsq 5 ac, DISC Lite5 ac, LHG 5 ac or Ubiquiti LiteBeam 5AC LBE-5AC-23

PS On a device that receives -40 signal I would remove the side lobes of the dish, which would reduce the gain

If I select Band 5Ghz N only then what will be the impact on my client?
They will work smoothly or they have a data transfer limit AP to station when selecting 5Ghz N.
I want to travel 20Mbps of data to every client.
I bought Omnitik 5AC because I have a few clients in Omni 360 within max 600 meter
But until now I'm unable to analyze whether the Ominitik 5AC fully fills my needs or if I need to move to find another solution.
Before this, I was a Ubnt user. Now I'm going to fully Mikrotik product. (but sometimes these kinds of bulshit problems confused me).

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:07 am

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 09.06.32.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

miankamran7100
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:56 am

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 09.06.32.png
I will try and let you know.
Thanks