Community discussions

MikroTik App

JayK4190
just joined
Topic Author

Devices on Dude Stay Red

Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:28 pm

I am trying to learn how to program MikroTik routers and have a question about radio management. I have an RB1100 programmed to deliver Internet to two Cambium sectors, using PPPoE to authenticate the customer radios. Everything seems to be working but I can't get the new sectors or their associated customer radios to ever turn green on our Dude map nor can I remote in to them. I was wondering if anyone could guide me as to what I am doing wrong and what I need to change to make this happen. All of our other radios and sectors work fine on the Dude map. I have attached a copy of my current RB1100 config, removing any public IP addresses and all the firewall rules. Again I am very new and trying to learn about all of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ... Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Devices on Dude Stay Red

Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:45 am

In DUDE, on the "red" device, open it, and check the services that are discovered. At least one will be "red".
Reprobe sometimes fails, then you need to remove that service and "discover" or add it again yourselves.
All new services start "green". If it comes "red" again, fix it, or leave that service out of the Services check list.
Many devices "red" ? Check network route and firewall filters, between DUDE and those devices.

And be aware of the fact that most of the 'tools' , in the lower end of the list, with the right-click in DUDE act between your device (eg laptop) and the mapped device, not between DUDE and the mapped device