Community discussions

MikroTik App

avi9526
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ax³ hardware offloading and Oculus Quest 2

Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:00 pm

Hello
Upgraded my home router to hAP-ax³. And get problem with Oculus Quest 2 AirLink. It is unusable because frame rate is bellow 1 fps (one). And network traffic between PC and Oculus does not exceed 20Mbit/s. Network speed is fine: speed test in Oculus shows above 350Mbit/s, and on PC - above 900Mbit/s. If I connect my PC using WiFi AX card to the same hAP-ax³ 5GHz radio that Oculus is connected - suddenly it becomes almost acceptable. That lead me to conclusion that there is some kind of degenerative optimization that caused AirLink super lags with PC connected to ethernet port. And it is. WiFi radios does not have H flag that means they are handled by CPU and not switch-chip. Disabling hardware offloading for ethernet ports solved AirLink lag. Network traffic between PC and Oculus reach desired 160Mbit/s and I can play.

My questing is what was the reason? Does hw. offloading cause extra delay because packets go through another chip before being sent to WiFi? Or is it limitation of switch-chip with handling QoS or something like that?

whatever

Re: hAP ax³ hardware offloading and Oculus Quest 2  [SOLVED]

Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:43 am

I think hw offloading on the new IPQ-PPE switch chip is still buggy. Its features are very limited anyway, for example vlan filtering is not supported at all.

BillyVan

Re: hAP ax³ hardware offloading and Oculus Quest 2

Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:18 pm