Community discussions

MikroTik App

PK2Stimpy
just joined
Topic Author

Help internet speed drops.

Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:35 pm

Basically for testing and learning purposes I have set up 3 VirtualBox machines, one with the MikroTik RouterOS operating system with 2 network interfaces: NAT Interface and Internal Network Interface; and for the other machines I have set up only a Internal Network so I can make them communicate with the MikroTik server and make MikroTik give internet to the internal network.

So, that worked perfectly, I receive IPs from the MikroTik DHCP Server, I can ping domains with the DNS and ping ips(I have internet connection), I can also browse the internet, search stuff, and everything works as expected, but the problem comes when I try to download a file, when I do a SpeedTest or when I even do a Bandwidth Test on the actual MikroTik Server, I get results around ~1 Mbps(from 100 kbps to 1.2 mbps), and I have 1 Gbps Internet Connection. You would probably think it's a ISP Problem or even VirtualBox's NAT Network problem, but when I change my settings on the other virtual machines and do a speedtest, or download a file I actually get the full 1 gbps. So, I have been looking the solution for this problem for a long time, tried stuff from this forum, tried stuff by myself, from the MikroTik docs and even from ChatGPT but nothing worked.

I hope anyone can help me so I can learn and know this for a future time(and use the actual gbps on my vms).

PS: While I do SpeedTests and etc the CPU is at 1% and RAM is 944 MiB free out of 1 GiB, so it's not the problem here.

This is the config export:
[admin@MikroTik] > /export hide-sensitive
# apr/17/2023 18:57:53 by RouterOS 6.49.7
# software id = 
#
#
#
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=ether1 ] name=ether1-WAN
set [ find default-name=ether1 ] name=ether2-LAN
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/ip pool
add name=VBox1 ranges=192.168.11.10-192.168.11.250
/ip dhcp-server
add address-pool=VBox1 disabled=no interface=ether2-LAN lease-time=1w name=dhcp-ether2
/queue simple
add max-limit=110M/110M name="WXP @2" queue=pcq-upload-default/pcq-download-default target=192.168.11.12/32 total-queue=default
/routing bgp instance
set default redistribute-connected=yes redistribute-ospf=yes redistribute-other-bgp=yes redistribute-rip=yes redistribute-static=yes
/ip neighbor discovery-settings
set discover-interface-list=all
/interface detect-internet
set detect-interface-list=all internet-interface-list=all lan-interface-list=all wan-interface-list=all
/ip address
add address=192.168.11.1/24 interface=ether2-LAN network=192.168.11.0
/ip dhcp-client
add disabled=no interface=ether1-WAN
/ip dhcp-server lease
add address=192.168.11.12 client-id=1:8:0:27:49:0:8e comment="@2 - WXP Tuki" mac-address=08:00:27:49:00:8E server=dhcp-ether2
/ip dhcp-server network
add address=192.168.11.0/32 gateway=192.168.11.1 netmask=24
/ip dns
set allow-remote-requests=yes servers=8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4
/ip firewall filter
add action=accept chain=forward connection-state=established,related,untracked
add action=fasttrack-connection chain=forward connection-state=established,related
add action=fasttrack-connection chain=forward connection-state=established,related
/ip firewall mangle
add action=mark-packet chain=forward new-packet-mark=group_upload passthrough=yes src-address=192.168.11.0/24
add action=mark-packet chain=forward dst-address=192.168.11.0/24 new-packet-mark=group_download passthrough=yes
add action=mark-packet chain=forward new-packet-mark=wan_upload passthrough=yes src-address=10.0.2.0/24
add action=mark-packet chain=prerouting dst-address=10.0.2.0/24 new-packet-mark=wan_download passthrough=yes
/ip firewall nat
add action=masquerade chain=srcnat out-interface=ether1-WAN
/ip packing
add interface=ether1-WAN
add interface=ether2-LAN
/routing mme network
add network=192.168.11.0/24
add network=10.0.2.0/24
Thanks!