MikroTik App

Josephny
Topic Author

Am I aligned?

Tue May 02, 2023 8:35 pm

I just aligned a pair of Cube's by eye and entered:

/interface w60g align

on both.

I don't know how to export or copy this data for pasting, so please excuse the image (if someone can point out how to save, copy and/or export the results, that'd be great).

Can someone tell me how my pair are performing?

I see tx-phy-rate is 2.5Gbps, but throughput seems to 20Mbps.

Thank you

Screenshot 2023-05-02 133502.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

R1CH
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Am I aligned?

Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 am

Looks fine, how are you testing the speed? You should test through the devices, not on the devices. And post the config if you still have issues.

Josephny
Topic Author

Wed May 03, 2023 2:11 am

Looks fine, how are you testing the speed? You should test through the devices, not on the devices. And post the config if you still have issues.

Great, thank you.

Regarding the speed: I was just quoting the tx and rx shown in my screeshot.

I have an AP connected to cube1 and cube2 is on the same lan as a hex, so I ran BW test from the AP to the hex. Results are about 95Mbps both tx and rx.

When run from the AP to cube1, results are about the same.

So then I thought: That's strange.

Sure enough, all the wired connections are at 100mbps.

Both Cube1 and wAP-AC are wired into a CSS106-1G-4P-1S. I don't know why.

Tried rebooting the CSS106 -- didn't help.

Tried disabling auto-negotiate (link speed) on the wAP and rebooting -- now the wAP won't connect to the CSS106. Tried disabling auto-negotiate on the CSS106, but that didn't allow the connection to be made.

I could connect Cube1 directly to the wAP, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that because it would mean getting a very high ladder or the tractor bucket out again. But, now that the wAP can't connect, looks like it's tractor time.

Josephny
Topic Author

Wed May 03, 2023 7:48 pm

Went back up.

Moved the cable from port 4 to port 5 on the CSS and now it connects at 1gbps. Might have just needed to be pulled out and put back in (i.e., maybe it wasn't the port), but I didn't check.

So now I'm getting 1gbps throughput.

Yay! Time to connect the cameras.

Here's a shot of the cube in the wild.

On the far side of the carport is the wAP to provide wifi coverage into the fields/farm/woods.

IMG_7858 (002).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

R1CH
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 04, 2023 6:20 pm

I don't know if it's something about the 60 GHz devices or just extra interference from being outdoors, but I've also had a lot of issues with links dropping to 100mbps.