Community discussions

MikroTik App

marutik
just joined
Topic Author

Chateau 5G ax

Wed May 03, 2023 8:08 pm

Hi All

I'm planning to buy my first MikroTik product which is Chateau 5G ax. The reason is that I want to have backup 5G/LTE connection to my existing fiber connection.

I want to be sure that it will be possible to do below configuration with Chateau 5G ax. I will be thankful for advice.

My network is based mainly on WiFi as majority of devices connect that way and only one device which is NAS connects through ETH port. I have fiber from my ISP which terminates on ISP modem and then thorough ETH connects with my router. My ISP uses DHCP.

My idea for Chateau 5G ax configuration is that I want to use 2.5G port as WAN port and connect it to my ISP modem, this will be my main connection. Additionally I want to configure 5G/LTE to be backup connection. On both connections I need to have firewall enabled. My devices will connect over WiFi and NAS will be connected to ETH port.

Is above configuration possible to be done with Chateau 5G ax? Thank you for your help and support.

marutik
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Chateau 5G ax

Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:27 pm

Hi

I would like to ask if someone experienced can comment on my post. Thank you in advance.