Community discussions

MikroTik App

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Woobm-USB

Wed May 10, 2023 6:41 pm

Is anyone still using these? I've got one that I pull out now and then when I'm having trouble getting connected to a router, except for the last several years it has not once successfully launched the terminal window on any computer I've tried to connect to it such that I can actually send commands to the remote device (I can see the console output, just not interact with it, so it's still somewhat useful at times). It seems to have been related to some update on the computer / browser, but I can't even pinpoint which year the problem first occurred.

These devices could also really be useful if you could program them to be emulate a interface to be able to plug in a woobm and it just appears as a wired (or wireless) interface to the device that supports network connectivity over the little USB radio.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Woobm-USB

Wed May 10, 2023 7:00 pm

WOOBmAP works fine here.
Klembord-2.jpg
Some client devices are not happy if a wifi connection does not give access to internet, a browser may stall on this.
This connection does indeed not have internet access.

The device for wireless/wired conversion is the Mikrotik MQS. Well not via USB.
I still have 2 other tools in my little toolbox: USB LTE modem (Huawei E3372) and a wifi dongle
And a mAP Lite, to complete the set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.