Community discussions

MikroTik App

McShadow
just joined
Topic Author

[BUG] Possible memory leak on hAP ac lite (64MB RAM) running ROS 7.x - known issue?

Mon May 15, 2023 2:07 pm

Hi!

As mentioned above it seems like there is a memory leak on hAP ac lite (with 64MB RAM) running on ROS 7.x.

After about 53 days free memory is getting below 6MB and CPU usage is almost on 100%.

Rebooting the device helps for the next ~53 days.

This behavior appeared after updating several hAP ac lites from 6.X to 7.8. Before they have been running 100+ days without any issue.

I just checked some devices and found one that was close to the issue. The GUI reacted very slowly and the resource usages were rising.
One of them showed a high CPU usage of the spi service - but there were only three sessions active.
CPURAM.jpg
I tried to do a supout.rif but whenever I tried on a device that has some issues, the device won't react anymore at around 60% and does an emergency reboot.

After rebooting there is a logging message containing "out of memory condition was detected". It seems like a memory leak.
outOfMemory.jpg
Is this a known issue? Are there some workarounds except rebooting or downgrading the device? Will this be fixed in another ROS?

Thanks and best wishes,
McShadow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: [BUG] Possible memory leak on hAP ac lite (64MB RAM) running ROS 7.x - known issue?

Tue May 16, 2023 2:58 pm

You use DoH?

McShadow
just joined
Topic Author

Re: [BUG] Possible memory leak on hAP ac lite (64MB RAM) running ROS 7.x - known issue?

Mon May 22, 2023 1:55 pm

Sorry for the late reply. We don't use DoH.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 22, 2023 2:23 pm

It is not advisable to upgrade "lite" devices to 7.x "just for the sake of upgrading".
I would say only do it when you require some functionality that is only in 7.x, if not remain on 6.x for the lifetime of the device.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 22, 2023 3:09 pm

minor addition:
The consensus is that everything with less then 64Mb RAM is not suited (e.g. hAP Lite) for ROS7. Obviously it also depends on which functionality you use under ROS7.