Community discussions

MikroTik App

giguard
Topic Author

hAP lite with v7.9 missing MPLS

Tue May 16, 2023 7:02 am

Hi,
Just flashed version 7.9 on hAP lite only to find MPLS missing. Is this normal?
Is there a way to enable it by disabling few others I don't need?

thx.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP lite with v7.9 missing MPLS

Tue May 16, 2023 8:33 am

The general consensus around here is that ROS7 and hAP Lite don't mix together.
The device simply doesn't have enough resources (especially RAM) to run comfortably.

Stay on latest ROS6 for that device.
Last edited by holvoetn on Tue May 16, 2023 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: hAP lite with v7.9 missing MPLS  [SOLVED]

Tue May 16, 2023 8:33 am

Here is the relevant link:
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... chitecture

Not all features exist on all architectures. hAP Lite is a very basic home device, it lacks the needed resources.

giguard
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2023 9:07 am

Normis, thanks for the link.
Now I'm gonna have to try to have MPLS working between v.6.x (hAP lite) and v.7.x (x86).

giguard
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2023 9:18 am

The general consensus around here is that ROS7 and hAP Lite don't mix together.
The device simply doesn't have enough resources (especially RAM) to run comfortably.

Stay on latest ROS6 for that device.
Sure it was horrible at first few hours? may be. I mean after flashing 7.
But it settled down eventually and whatever IS supported (On v7.x), ran well on hAP lite.
FYI, I tried v7.9
I'm now on v6 not because any issues with stabilities but they simply do not support MPLS on hAP lite.
Well, that's my two cents worth if anyone wants to have a go with 7 on hAP lite. Give plenty of time to settle down.

infabo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue May 16, 2023 9:39 am

I use a hap lite as a wireless bridge. Just default configuration with quickset profile CPE applied. Even this minimal config did not run stable on v7. After a short time (1 to several days), the device started to get unresponsive. It was not even possible to SSH into it. It even when SSH still worked, you could watch appearing the characters you just typed - in slomotion 1 char / second. I then disabled any service I was not using (winbox, webfig, ...) to maybe resolve these resource issues. But un the end, nothing helped to make this device stable with V7. I went back to V6 using the same quickset profile CPE, and it is happily running and performing with several months of uptime now.

giguard
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2023 10:27 am

I use a hap lite as a wireless bridge. Just default configuration with quickset profile CPE applied. Even this minimal config did not run stable on v7. After a short time (1 to several days), the device started to get unresponsive. It was not even possible to SSH into it. It even when SSH still worked, you could watch appearing the characters you just typed - in slomotion 1 char / second. I then disabled any service I was not using (winbox, webfig, ...) to maybe resolve these resource issues. But un the end, nothing helped to make this device stable with V7. I went back to V6 using the same quickset profile CPE, and it is happily running and performing with several months of uptime now.
Interesting. I wonder why mine ran well.
I did have the same experience mind you. But all decided to go well the next day.
Maybe because you didn't try with v7.9?