Community discussions

MikroTik App

justinus
just joined
Topic Author

Brand new CRS-305-1G-4S+-IN, login doesn't work

Mon May 22, 2023 11:43 pm

Hello! I just bought a brand new CRS-305-1G-4S+-IN, sealed in factory box. I unboxed it and plugged directly into a system to configure (not connected to internet). No matter what I try I cannot connect to the switch, even with winbox. Winbox will detect the switch is a neighbor but the default "admin/blank" login will not work - it says invalid username or password every time.

I have seen some posts regarding people getting their router logins hacked or changed, but this is a brand new device that has never been connected to the internet. I am extremely confused and have no idea how to access this new switch.

DNAT
just joined

Re: Brand new CRS-305-1G-4S+-IN, login doesn't work

Tue May 23, 2023 9:00 am

Hi, there is no default login anymore. Look at your packaging and you'll find individual login credentials for your device.

Cheers, DNAT

justinus
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2023 7:00 pm

Hi, there is no default login anymore. Look at your packaging and you'll find individual login credentials for your device.

Cheers, DNAT
The packaging has no indication for a login, only the MAC address for each port and the serial number of the device. There was no package insert or label on the switch that contained credentials either - Just a manual that said the default credentials (admin/blank). Are the login credentials based on the serial number or something else now?

justinus
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2023 7:45 pm

FFS I had to perform the reset sequence (properly) on a brand new sealed unit before it was actually accessible from the web interface or WinBox. Kinda sad it didn't ship in a working configuration.

DNAT
just joined

Tue May 23, 2023 10:56 pm

The packaging has no indication for a login
I'm sorry, my fault. It shoud be a label on the device itself. It's quite small. Maybe you wanna take a look again.
Here is the background and a possible solution, if you don't find them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq7nIIILrVc

Cheers, DNAT