Community discussions

MikroTik App

marsbeetle
Topic Author

Can't connect EcoFlow to hAP ax3 via 2.4ghz

Wed May 24, 2023 3:25 pm

Good day,

I think my first question on this forum...

I recently purchased an EcoFlow Delta 2 which has wifi built-in but only 2.4ghz. It can successfully connect to my old hAP ac2 but not the ax3. I have tried everything - disable wpa3, switch to N and G bands etc on 2.4ghz but no go. The ac2 belongs to my ISP so I really need to get this working with my ax3 before I send it back. Unfortunately EcoFlow support is nothing short of useless in providing further details other than the wifi card uses 2.4ghz which is frustrating to say the least. You need wifi to upgrade firmware and IoT api connection which I did with the ac2 and have it connected to Home Assistant etc.

I am wishfully hoping someone has an EcoFlow unit here and has successfully connected it to their ax2/ax3 with WifiWave2 ? Otherwise, suggestions would be grateful but as I say I have tried practically everything.

Thanks.

Reference: https://www.ecoflow.com/us/delta-2-port ... er-station

Edit: forgot to mention I am using ROS 7.9 stable

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can't connect EcoFlow to hAP ax3 via 2.4ghz

Wed May 24, 2023 3:35 pm

Can you share (at least the wireless part of) your cofig, for both ax3 and ac2?

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 24, 2023 3:38 pm

Same remark.
And in parallel check security settings on AX3, keep nothing ticked unless you know why it is needed.

marsbeetle
Topic Author

Wed May 24, 2023 3:57 pm

/interface/wireless print
Flags: X - disabled; R - running 
 0  R name="wlan1-2ghz" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1600 mac-address=removed arp=enabled interface-type=IPQ4019 mode=ap-bridge ssid="removed" frequency=auto 
      band=2ghz-g/n channel-width=20mhz secondary-frequency="" scan-list=default wireless-protocol=any vlan-mode=no-tag vlan-id=1 wds-mode=disabled 
      wds-default-bridge=none wds-ignore-ssid=no bridge-mode=enabled default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 
      default-client-tx-limit=0 hide-ssid=no security-profile=sec-zulu compression=no 

1    name="wlan2-5ghz" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1600 mac-address=removed arp=enabled interface-type=IPQ4019 mode=ap-bridge ssid="removed" frequency=auto 
      band=5ghz-n/ac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-eeCe secondary-frequency="" scan-list=default wireless-protocol=any vlan-mode=no-tag vlan-id=1 
      wds-mode=disabled wds-default-bridge=none wds-ignore-ssid=no bridge-mode=enabled default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=yes 
      default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0 hide-ssid=no security-profile=sec-zulu compression=no

/interface/wifiwave2/actual-configuration print
 0 name="wlan1-5ghz" mtu=1500 mac-address=removed arp-timeout=auto radio-mac=removed 
   configuration.mode=ap .ssid="removed" .country=South Africa 
   security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk,wpa3-psk .encryption=ccmp,gcmp,ccmp-256,gcmp-256 .passphrase="removed" .management-protection=allowed 
   channel.frequency=5500-5560 .band=5ghz-ax .width=20/40/80mhz .skip-dfs-channels=disabled 

1 name="wlan2-2ghz" mtu=1500 mac-address=removed arp-timeout=auto radio-mac=removed 
   configuration.mode=ap .ssid="removed" .country=South Africa 
   security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk,wpa3-psk .encryption=ccmp,gcmp,ccmp-256,gcmp-256 .passphrase="removed" .disable-pmkid=no .management-protection=allowed .eap-username="" .eap-anonymous-identity="" 
   .eap-password="" .eap-accounting=no .ft=no .ft-over-ds=no .ft-nas-identifier="" 
   channel.frequency=2462 .band=2ghz-ax .width=20mhz .skip-dfs-channels=all 
I switched my ax3 2.4ghz config back to ax after trying everything I could think of to try get it the same as the ac2. It is the only band of importance here supported by the EcoFlow, 5ghz is working perfectly on all other devices. The 2.4ghz band is also working fine on all my devices EXCEPT this EcoFlow unit.
Last edited by marsbeetle on Wed May 24, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 24, 2023 4:04 pm

errm... from terminal
/interface/wifiwave2/ export file=<anynameyouwish>

Post contents between [ ] code quotes.
Much easier to read.

And remove those security encryption settings like ccmp-256, as already indicated.

marsbeetle
Topic Author

Re: Can't connect EcoFlow to hAP ax3 via 2.4ghz  [SOLVED]

Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:34 am

Just to report and close this thread…

Since upgrading to 7.10 Stable my EcoFlow device has for the first time been able to connect to my hAP ax3 via 2.4ghz channel. Hopefully it stays this way 😉