Community discussions

MikroTik App

Johannes33
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

set ip address after deleting default config?

Wed May 24, 2023 4:22 pm

Hi,
First,
Is there a way to have a stable connection to a routerboard through mac.
I remember when the rb3011 was new, I think I could use the mac connection indefinitely.
Now after I remove the default settings I get thrown out and after that I can connect using mac.
But I can only stay connected a while and after I get thrown out again I can not connect again.
I also tried to set up a mac-server with address list "all" (i.e. all interfaces) but I experienced the same behavior as without.

Second,
I use a rb3011 and have removed the default settings.
How can I set a temporary ip to it, tried in winbox:
ip > addresses > address list > + and added 10.10.3.1/24 address on eth5 (where my pc is connected to).

I logged out and winbox identifies that address in neighbors. I tried to login with winbox using that address, but it did not work.
What should I do to make it work?

Third
Now after some time of idle I do not get anything in the neighbors tab.
Does anyone know why?

Fourth
I'm wondering if this can be the cause of a corrupted nand.
The rb3011 was hacked before, perhaps there where a lot of r/w so my nand got a little corrupt?
If so how do I reformat the nand?

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: set ip address after deleting default config?

Wed May 24, 2023 5:30 pm

Use netinstall to completely reformat the memory and reinstall RouterOS before anything else, see https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/Netinstall

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: set ip address after deleting default config?

Wed May 24, 2023 6:11 pm

After doing the Netinstall as recommended by tdw, post your configuration. To export and paste your configuration (and I'm assuming you are using WebFig or Winbox), open a terminal window, and type (without the quotes) "/export hide-sensitive file=any-filename-you-wish". Then open the files section and right click on the filename you created and select download in order to download the file to your computer. It will be a text file with whatever name you saved to with an extension of .rsc. Suggest you then open the .rsc file in your favorite text editor and redact any sensitive information. Then in your message here, click the code display icon in the toolbar above the text entry (the code display icon is the 7th one from the left and looks like a square with a blob in the middle). Then paste the text from the file in between the two code words in brackets.

Also indicate if your computer is configured for DHCP or a static address. If static, what address?