MikroTik App

mahmutcoko
just joined
Topic Author

BGP -OSPF config help

Wed May 24, 2023 11:08 pm

sorry for my bad english
My topology liki this.
İn my county law each user has to pass through one static ip and some port ( lite xx.xx.xx.xx:17500-25000) that why we have static ip for each wan line
also we have external usermanegment + radius which gives user internal ip and api connection for config external nat+port to routers
now my what ı want to do:
one user from site A nat+port (wich nat stay that router) when ı change cpe connection of that user to site B any AP (or site b to site a)
the user will countinue use site A gateway (nat:port will be on site A router) but pppoe client will be on site B
I try OSPF but ospf is short path what i see site B router always try that user go out its gateway that why user cant connect internet
ı try bgp but ı just make 2 router peer connection but ı dont know how to make filter and frefix configration
can any one help me?

mahmutcoko
just joined
Topic Author

Re: BGP -OSPF config help

Sun May 28, 2023 2:40 pm

noone can help?

mahmutcoko
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:45 pm

ı have seen u help so many people, can u also help me?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:11 pm

Hire one consultant.
https://mikrotik.com/consultants

Volunteers respond in the forum, not paid people, and if there's too much work to do, in fact... it's work...

DarkNate
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:41 pm

I never understand why people want free professional consultancy work or even vendor consultancy work on forums.

spippan

Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:13 pm

I never understand why people want free professional consultancy work or even vendor consultancy work on forums.
as by a lot of recent posts here. i do not get it either

mahmutcoko
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:13 pm

Hire one consultant.
https://mikrotik.com/consultants

Volunteers respond in the forum, not paid people, and if there's too much work to do, in fact... it's work...
ı just kingdly request no body has to answer.
ı have done all config with my knowlage but it does not work. (bgp peer, bgf filter etc.) and if i hire one consult i have to work for free many years the reason ı dont have that much client. my system work on vlans but i want to change as bgp.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:50 pm

In that vein, how do I get a hold of you for a basic 7.13.3 OSPF-BDF setup.
It would seem another poster is looking something similar recently.
CHR connected to MT router via two ISP connections: pppoe and starlink
Want proof of concept of seamless failover both directions with pppoe primary.

The idea is that the main router connects to the CHR via one or the other or both ISPs over wireguard.
All the router LAN traffic flows to the CHR and then out the public IP of the CHR.
Failure of either ISP results in the OSPF BDF combination moving traffic to the remaining ISP if one fails.
In the case of primary WAN failure (pppoe), if it comes back then all traffic previously using the primary WAN should revert back to primary WAN.
It would seem that I have to setup OSPF BDF on both devices.

Method:
part1 - wireguard and L2TP (to ensure ability to adjust MTU via MRRU) --> not the problem
part2 - using ospf to select optimal route and BDF to indicate route needs changing --> this is what help is needed to tackle.

If you have an example of an OSPF BDF combination, on 7.13, that you could share at no cost, then perhaps I could figure out what the settings are doing and ask pertinent questions and leave it at that. If its complicated then we can go a different route.

{ also saw that you use BGP for all home networking, would be interesting to see what I could change based on that )