Community discussions

MikroTik App

morgulwarrior
just joined
Topic Author

LHG LTE antenna

Thu May 25, 2023 7:56 pm

Hi all,

I moved into a property which has a Mikrotik LHG LTE kit mounted on the wall, which worked fine as soon as I installed an EE 4G SIM card. I recently had issues with the service and decided to try setting it back to factory defaults (possibly not a good idea). I've no idea what config was on there, but it's now at the default.

It detects and reports a good/working SIM card installed, but there is now no internet IP and I have no internet access as a result. Is there a basic configuration step which will link the LTE interface to the WAN port (only one of)? I'm assuming the SIM will have got a public IP from EE but it's not translating the link through to the WAN side.

Any guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

BaldrickNZ
just joined

Re: LHG LTE antenna

Mon May 29, 2023 8:49 am

Is the APN from your provider different to "internet" which is the default in Mikrotik LTE routers (Interfaces>LTE APNs then double click "default", change from internet to your network APN)? If not, that might be the problem.

Also, the "Use Network APN" check box needs to be ticked (Interfaces>LTE APNs then double click "default")

alexmattos
just joined

Re: LHG LTE antenna

Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:39 pm

I have exactly this problem. Checked APN settings and these are correct for my provider (EE).

How did you get your working?