Community discussions

MikroTik App

dwnldr
Topic Author

Priority (Queue?) for Apple Airplay

Sun May 28, 2023 12:30 pm

Dear Community !

I would like to kindly ask for support.
We have "outside in Garden" Airplay receiver which is used for streaming (only) Audio content.
This specific Garden is outside of town, im glad that i have at least 30MB stable internet connection, and some old 2.4GHz equipment (RB951, SXT for outside etc...).
The main trouble begins, if more devices are connected to this network and/or somebody runs some higher bandwith sensitive pages-apps (YouTube, VNC...).
Depending on webpage-app app the music-streaming starts skipping or stops totally.
WMM is enabled, Multicast helper set on full, and it still happens. I have some veeeeery basic knowledges about Queue, but as far as i know, it is connected with device IPs.
Since we have more Apple devices, anybody can start streaming, i would like to set priority for this specific "protocol", and not for devices. I dont know if its possible, but since the WiFi equipment is only 2.4Ghz "N" i would like to set this priority for internet bandwith and also "internal" network, since this feature is the most used here and should have number 1priority.

Im absolutely lost how to achieve this, could you be so kind and help me with this case ?

Thank you very much !