Community discussions

MikroTik App

hrool
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac lite, Usr LED

Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:51 pm

Dear Forum,

I bought the above device to configure a router to access a sloppy configured "hotel LAN" in a secure manner. An easy job so far (and I enjoy the features of the fairly professional RouterOS).

I separated the 5GHz WLAN interface from bridge, then using it as WAN interface that connects to a AVM Fritz!Box (so having a router behind a router, works for me).

Then I wanted to make use of the user LED, happily finding the option that it may reflect the status of the WAN interface. But I expected the LED to be steadily on, but - it flickers (like an activity LED).

I am pretty sure that there are no unwanted disconnects/reconnects between hAP and Fritz!Box. I also would be happy with the option to clear all LEDs after a period of time but unfortunately this doesn't affect the power LED. A flickering LED is not so comfortable when trying to find sleep at night. I tested the hAP ac lite on different WLANs, always the same effect.

I have another Mikrotik hAP lite (mainly to have a device to practise on RouterOS) and set it up in similar way (using a virtual WLAN interface). On this device, the user LED does not flicker, it's steadily on as long as the uplink is active.

Will there be a solution?

Have fun

Olaf from Rostock, baltic coast.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP ac lite, Usr LED

Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:10 pm

Check settings of System / Leds.
It could be on your device usr led is configured as activity indicator.

Looking at this page, power led is not being switched off for hAP AC Lite.
If you're asleep, why not let the device sleep as well ? :lol:

https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/LEDs

hrool
just joined
Topic Author

Re: hAP ac lite, Usr LED

Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:29 pm

Hi all,

no - the setting in LEDs menu is "wlan2 wireless status user-led". "wlan2" is my WAN uplink.

I have my Sonos speakers at this router - they play until falling to sleep, then waking me up next morning. Not an option.

Note - the problem exists on a RB952U1-5ac2nd (RouterOS 7.9.2).
On my other RB941-2nd-TC the feature works as expected.

Regards

Olaf
Last edited by hrool on Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.