Community discussions

MikroTik App

lankacom
just joined
Topic Author

OS upgrade Issue from version 6 to version 7

Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:20 pm

Dear Team,

When we upgraded the configured router from OS version 6 to OS version 7 we cannot find some configurations in the router,But the configurations work fine.As a example BGP networks can't show the router after we configured the Router OS version 6 to OS version 7.The issue is the when we need to change that configurations we cannot do it because the configuration can't find on that router.Is there any solution for this issue?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: OS upgrade Issue from version 6 to version 7

Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:06 pm

Problem explained very badly, we don't understand anything.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:51 pm

Configuration of quite a few functions is different in v7 ... and configuration place has changed. So I'm with @rextended: describe the problem with due detail and only then somebody would be able to help you.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:22 pm

There is an internal process call crossfig that automatically migrates configuration from V6 to V7, so that's why it works.

OP mention BGP – that has change a lot: https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/BGP. BGP has new engine and new config system, but still should be under Routing>BGP and Routing>Filter – that later has change more radically since there new rules language (https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... nd+Filters).

Merialoren34
just joined

Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:06 pm

Hello lankacom,
When upgrading from RouterOS version 6 to version 7 on a MikroTik router, it's possible that some configurations might not be visible or accessible due to changes in the software. Here are a few steps you can take to address this issue:
Review the MikroTik documentation Check the official MikroTik documentation, release notes, and upgrade guides for version 7. These resources often provide information about changes in configuration syntax, deprecated features, and any specific considerations when migrating from version 6 to version 7.
Check for configuration compatibility Verify that the configurations you are looking for are still supported in RouterOS version 7. It's possible that certain features or configuration options have been modified, removed, or replaced. Cross-reference your configurations with the documentation and ensure they align with the syntax and requirements of RouterOS version 7.
Use the terminal or command-line interface Try accessing and modifying the missing configurations using the terminal or command-line interface (CLI) of RouterOS version 7.
Sometimes, certain configurations may not be visible in the graphical user interface (GUI), but can still be accessed and modified through the CLI.
Contact MikroTik support or community If you are still unable to locate or modify the configurations after following the above steps, reach out to MikroTik support or consult the MikroTik community forums.
They can provide guidance, insights, and potential workarounds for specific configuration issues encountered during the OS upgrade.
Configuration migration In some cases, a direct migration of configurations from RouterOS version 6 to version 7 might not be possible due to substantial changes in the software. You may need to manually adapt and reconfigure the settings to align with the new version's syntax and capabilities. Taking backups of your existing configurations before the upgrade is highly recommended to facilitate the migration process.
That will help you .
Thanks.

lankacom
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:36 am

After upgrading the firmware of my MikroTik router from version 6.48.4 to 7.2, I encountered an issue. Although the previously advertised networks are still being propagated through BGP without any problems, I am unable to view or export the network list that I had previously advertised under BGP network. It's important to note that there is no issue with the BGP itself; the BGP session is up and the networks are being advertised correctly. However, I'm unable to add new networks without creating an address list and associating it with the BGP peer. When I do add new networks in this manner, only the newly added IP addresses are advertised, while the old IP addresses that were advertised before the firmware upgrade continue to be propagated.

I would appreciate assistance in uncovering the hidden configuration for these networks. I have verified that the BGP configuration is correct and the session is established. Additionally, I have reviewed the release notes for the new firmware version and there are no specific indications of changes affecting the behavior of BGP network advertisements or address lists.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:21 pm

what you write makes no sense:
switch from 6.48.4 to 7.2...
Why didn't you stay at v6 by updating to 6.48.7, or 6.49.8 at least...
and why if you really wanted to put the v7 did you put the 7.9.2 instead or, for example, the 7.7?
why you to upgrade something that is working?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:11 pm

Known problems when upgrading systems that have BGP:
- existing routing filters fail to work when they do not "accept" prefix. e.g. you made a filter to set local-pref, it will fail in v7.
workaround: add an accept at the end before upgrading
- existing peers which have update-source set to an interface name will fail after upgrade
workaround: replace interface name with local IP address of the interface before upgrade
- you cannot advertise arbitrary routes anymore. i.e. in the old "bgp->networks", any networks that have no "synchronize=yes" will no longer be advertised
workaround: add static routes with "blackhole" option before upgrade
- route aggregation is not supported. you need to use something like the previous item.

snowman62
just joined

Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:42 am

Hi All!

This is crazy and very disappointing on Mikrotik's part!!

Mikrotik is the developer and knows everything about every version and its functionality inside out and upside down!!!! they are only people that can write a conversion toll in the upgrade process that 100% converts 6 to 7 with all changes in the 7 functionality automatically accounted for and correctly converted!!! it should then provide a report of the unconverted that is impossible to convert (and i dont believe there should be any) and report on it and make real world suggestions on how to accommodate them!!!!!

Why is this so hard Mikrotik????????????????

this is called customer support, specially when its a major version upgrade!!!

If you reply Mikrotik we dont want to hear any excuses as ther should be NON!!! you guys wrote it!!!!!!!!!!!

if there's elements that have been removed or drastically changed then the tool should look at the config and upgrade 6 to the working equivalent in 7!!!

Sorry for sounding pissed off as i obviously am!!! i keep seeing ongoing post of people having issues in upgrading.

Mikrotik plz provide a conversion tool to not only maintain or even improve your credibility but more important provide a proper customer support!!!!

Desperately waiting...
Snowman

p.s I've been using MT sinse 2001, i've seen this over and over again, i know you can do it!
Last edited by snowman62 on Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:59 am

snowman62 what are you talking about? this is some really old topic.
do you have any issue and need help?

snowman62
just joined

Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:16 am

snowman62 what are you talking about? this is some really old topic.
do you have any issue and need help?
Hi Normis,

It dosent matter if its an old topic the fact still remains that Mikrotik has failed to provide a clean 100% upgrade from 6 to 7 with all relevent functionalities of 6 upgraded to 7!! thats what i'm talking about!

I have numerous routers with close to 1000 vlans and mpls/vpls and bgp connections and i have to manually configure because the upgrade is not 100% !! Thats not including any other features of 7 thats changed from 6.

Normis: why hasent Mikrotik provided a proper comprehensive 100% upgrade function from 6 to 7???

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:20 am

Normis,
Do you think the conversion issues I described above are resolved in recent v7?
I have never seen change notes in versions claiming that they were.
Do I need to setup a test v6 and convert to v7.12.1 and reproduce them or can you show any other evidence?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:35 am

snowman62 it should not be like that. If you have specific example, just make a report to support.

99% of people upgraded seemlessly. that's why I'm asking.

snowman62
just joined

Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:29 am

snowman62 it should not be like that. If you have specific example, just make a report to support.

Normis, your own documentation states the upgrade dosent 100% upgrade OSPF, MPLS,VPLS etc!!

I recently upgraded on of our main routers and OSPF, VPLS and MPLS didnt upgrade to 7 and any vlans associated with the relevant VPLS links also didn't even transfer/convert/upgrade!! whats the point of an upgrade when we have to do a lot of additional work and testing for Mikrotik to get things working????

We all expect an upgrade to be fully 100% functional as it was in v6 in v7 without any exceptions!! after all Mikrotik wrote all of it and knows what and how things need to convert and function as they did in v6!!! 100% If default templates or instances in any configuration is is required then you need to implement this in the upgrade process and leave the finished states as it was functioning in v6.

https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... ngtov7-bgp This page should all be green and have no user required modifications to complete a 100% compatible upgrade!

Sorry for being brutally honest but this has been going on for over 20 years and its become a joke!!! we all know that feature releases dont function properly because they haven't been tested properly by Mikrotik, its gotten a bit better these days but still its not good enough when were trying to run a business and support our customers and you guys!

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:56 am

We all expect an upgrade to be fully 100% functional as it was in v6 in v7 without any exceptions!! after all Mikrotik wrote all of it and knows what and how things need to convert and function as they did in v6!!! 100% If default templates or instances in any configuration is is required then you need to implement this in the upgrade process and leave the finished states as it was functioning in v6.
In past few years, support has gotten much better at responding to issues. I suspect if you took Normis up on filing support case — including a supout.rif from V6 that works, and V7 where it doesn't work — they'd take a look at whatever is wrong.

Understand the frustration, but there is a reason the pricing is different than cisco/etc. And there are big changes between V6 and V7, so not everything perfectly maps — especially in BGP — so some decision need to be made when upgrading. I used to use "dynamic-in" rules in V6, but those are "gone" (depricated) in V7...so while system upgrade okay — it does removes them & scripts have to be used in their place...but it was a "one time" annoyance. RouterOS is still pretty stable — once upgraded/configured — same as it always was.

snowman62
just joined

Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:09 am

In past few years, support has gotten much better at responding to issues. I suspect if you took Normis up on filing support case — including a supout.rif from V6 that works, and V7 where it doesn't work — they'd take a look at whatever is wrong.

Understand the frustration, but there is a reason the pricing is different than cisco/etc. And there are big changes between V6 and V7, so not everything perfectly maps — especially in BGP — so some decision need to be made when upgrading. I used to use "dynamic-in" rules in V6, but those are "gone" (depricated) in V7...so while system upgrade okay — it does removes them & scripts have to be used in their place...but it was a "one time" annoyance. RouterOS is still pretty stable — once upgraded/configured — same as it always was.
Hi Amm0, i get that but if any scripts or whatever is required to accommodate the upgrade then Mikrotik upgrade should produce the scripts and upgrade accordingly!! i've been developing software as part of my career in IT/Telecom for over 40 years and as the author of any given SW you have full control of what an upgrade does and take action to upgrade any deprecated feature in the new version, if the functionality still exists then the upgrade needs to make it work no excuses! I'm sure anyone that has a comprehensive ROS router configuration in a production environment dosent want to deal with the Mikrotik upgrade process from 6 to 7!!! and in most cases they dont upgrade to 7.

I'd rather pay for a major version upgrade that does a complete 100% upgrade, in fact ROS needs a feature where if you buy a MT router with version 7 or any other major version you should be able to import any ROS config with an Import/upgrade command into the new Router 7 product (obviously with the same number of ports, even port discrepancies can be accommodated for) and have it work 100%. Mikrotik: take this as a new feature request please.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:01 am

your own link to the documentation has the line "BGP: All known configurations will upgrade from 6.x to 7.x successfully."
Like I said, concrete specific examples are needed. What was wrong?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:42 am

Read my posting above from Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:11 pm
That is what came out of my own tests of existing standard configuration for our clients. Maybe there is more.
Do you claim these were fixed?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:57 am

When did you attempt those migrations? Have you reported the issues to support?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:12 pm

It was earlier in the v7 releases. I have reported some to support, they were acknowledged to exist.
But I have never seen (or do not remember seeing) release notes lines that mention improvements.
When I have time I will attempt another conversion of v6.49.10 to v7.12.1 with these config items and see what happens now.
(I need to setup a test environement because when I do these on a production device I lock myself out)

snowman62
just joined

Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:52 am

your own link to the documentation has the line "BGP: All known configurations will upgrade from 6.x to 7.x successfully."
Like I said, concrete specific examples are needed. What was wrong?
Really Normis!!!???? you pick just BGp!!! what about OSPF, what about VPLS????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Typical Mikrotik, dance around the issue and pretend it dosent exists and insult the people that are putting up with this and still supporting you!!!

Address the fact its not a 100% upgrade from 6 to 7 and its flawed!

Mikrotik has its head buried in the sand and not listening to its long term customers or in fact to anyone that has valid concerns and issues!!!

Normis have you actually read the comments and issues above or are you just blindly defending Mikrotik?????!!!!!! Come on man!!!!!

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:07 am

Topic title: OS upgrade Issue from version 6 to version 7

Indisputable example:
By upgrading RouterOS v6 (no matter which version) to RouterOS v7, the user-manager no longer exists,
instead of recompiling it (the user-manager) for v7, even without adding or fixing anything, as for the "The Dude" package,
those clever programmers at MikroTik (clever = they don't care who works with their products)
have chosen to reassign that name to something else (it doesn't matter if useful or not) that has absolutely nothing to do with the original user-manager,
causing real difficulties for THOSE WHO WORK with MirkoTik products, not for those who just play with the devices at home.

So, incontrovertibly, RouterOS v6 cannot be updated to v7 by those who work there.

Then, other practical examples of what was there before, but which has been removed, or not implemented,
are completely useless, also because the balance of functionality between v6 and v7, before implementing others,
has never been taken into consideration.
This simple example is enough to demonstrate how they think internally at MikroTik.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:31 pm

Side note:
even upgrading from windows7 to win10 you occasionally run into situations where it CAN NOT be done without loosing all programs or even data.
But that's accepted by everyone without a problem ?

If MS can not get it 100% waterproof, why should MT ?

snowman62
just joined

Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:32 am

Side note:
even upgrading from windows7 to win10 you occasionally run into situations where it CAN NOT be done without loosing all programs or even data.

Thats because MS has to manage compatibility and functionality with third party elements that it hasent got control of!!! MT is totally and incomparably different ! MT has FULL control of their router OS and knows exactly 100% what its changing and its dependencies and how those elements need to be upgraded to function 100% after upgrade!!! They just choose to be lazy and not provide a comprehensive professional enterprise ready product!! As i mentioned previously all of us Telco professionals that use MT in real live large networks would pay for a tool to upgrade to new versions without the current headaches and our wasted time! which causes us to consider more and more often to look for alternative solutions!

Come on MT times UP (the bird is out of the cage) get your act together!!!

mimik
just joined

Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:30 am

viewtopic.php?t=196862
Side note:

You really compare 1 in like 10 million situation to what said the support is 1 in a 100, when I have the same problem and I am sure that there are more people, looking at reddit, this forum. I reported it twice, I reported it more than 7 months ago, everytime I had the same problems, everything described - 0 help and it still doesn't work.
You can't make software like that. You test, you listen to the community. You should do everything to convert as easy as possible, even if something can fail, you make protection from broken upgrading - showing the conflicts or easy downgrading. You check the reports from the community, you fix the bugs. 1 bug I am reporting since 2 years, month after month, week after week - 0 help. Some bugs exist since 12 years.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:25 am

I recently upgraded 6 win7 installs to win10.

5 (FIVE) had to installed from scratch again because of issues.
Don't get me started... that was win95 stuff.

optio
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:55 pm

On macOS there is no such issues :P You get even Relocated Items if you changed some core system files/configurations for files difference investigation.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:55 pm

Well, macos is a bad example, even some of their own developed software stops working after the upgrade and needs reinstall or config have to be changed.

If we return to the topic, when something is not implemented yet or removed entirely, for those features config cannot be upgraded.
Even if the config is converted some features in v7 work differently and config change might be needed to adjust to specific user setups. Differences are documented in the documentation.

So most of the config of implemented features should be already converted, if something is still missing report it to support and it will be checked and fixed eventually.

optio
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:33 pm

Didn't have such issues over more than 20yrs on mac. Some reconfig - yes, but complete reinstall no (have mac holding same OS installation over 8yrs, migrated from backup through different HW, upgraded to latest Sonoma, no problems), definitely better than Win upgrades from my experience and not to even mention LInux window managers.... But will not go OT more...

snowman62
just joined

Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:02 am

I recently upgraded 6 win7 installs to win10.

5 (FIVE) had to installed from scratch again because of issues.
Don't get me started... that was win95 stuff.
You're obviously a Mikrotik guru not Windows!!!!! in over 40 years in IT/Telecom industries longer then a lot on here have been alive! given the complexities of Windows its totally unrealistic and ridiculous to use it as an example to Mikrotik!!!! Take your comments to the Windows forums plz!

Also thats SOE's are for upgrading multiple machines!!

snowman62
just joined

Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:09 am

Well, macos is a bad example, even some of their own developed software stops working after the upgrade and needs reinstall or config have to be changed.

If we return to the topic, when something is not implemented yet or removed entirely, for those features config cannot be upgraded.
Even if the config is converted some features in v7 work differently and config change might be needed to adjust to specific user setups. Differences are documented in the documentation.

So most of the config of implemented features should be already converted, if something is still missing report it to support and it will be checked and fixed eventually.
NO!!!! the upgrade can logically take v6 feature and use the relevant customer elements and then upgrade to tv7 with necessary changes taking into account the new way of functioning!!! it can then produce a report with the elements the conversion has logically changed and converted for the user to check and fine tune but at the end of the day its functioning!!!! anything a human needs to touch to make v6 config work in v7 can be automated and made functional not broken as elements are today!!! come on Mikrotik there are no more excuses!!!! JUST DO IT!!! we are all criticle because we want you to be better! its not a case of putting you down to hurt you!!

MRZ: we dont want to upgrade and break our systems for Mikrotik to fix "...eventually..." thats childish and arrogant coming from Mikrotik support!!!

How about Mikrotik get some of your programmers on here and give us intelligent logical arguments to why this cant be done?????????????

snowman62
just joined

Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:14 am

Didn't have such issues over more than 20yrs on mac. Some reconfig - yes, but complete reinstall no (have mac holding same OS installation over 8yrs, migrated from backup through different HW, upgraded to latest Sonoma, no problems), definitely better than Win upgrades from my experience and not to even mention LInux window managers.... But will not go OT more...
this is not an Apple or Microsoft forum!!!!

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:11 am

True a flame war over Apple vs. Microsoft is helpful. But repeating generic complaints about upgrade problem, without formally reporting them, doesn't help anyone either. Perhaps you can save someone in the future from running into whatever upgrade issue you did and reporting?

You have an option of not upgrade too. I still have V6 running in few places — in part because if a remote upgrade failed... it be a lot of time/money/annoyance/etc if there was a failure. And my plan is replace the hardware when it dies or needs change instead.

Not apologizing for Mikrotik — since perhaps they can/should do more testing — but they do try and respond as issues come up. And they have a HUGE test matrix between 4+ platform, 100+ devices, 100+ features, and 1000+ options in RouterOS — stuff is just going to slip through at that scale.

optio
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:16 am

Linux is skipped on purpose? ROS is Linux based.
I agree with Amm0, to develop and test such conversion to be exact you will wait for new ROS version in years. And also there are some features which not exists on new version like old User Manager, how to resolve that with unattended conversion?

phascogale

Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:58 am

Essentially, ROS is an application on Linux. To that extent, it is perfectly reasonable to make an analogy with tightly woven applications on MacOS, Windows or FreeBSD, not to mention Linux again. Staggering to behold, other routing and firewall software products also have bugs and upgrade glitches.

For decades, I experienced people demanding 100% of bugs are fixed before a new release, ask why any bugs exist in a tightly specified bespoke application, or why upgrade processes are not perfect. It is absurd. I have fixed my own apps or contributed to bug reports to developers. Sometimes a thing gets fixed, sometimes it never hits a sufficient priority, but if you are not contributing direct, quality bug reports then there is a reasonable limit to the extent to which you are entitled to complain; or at least to expect limitless patience from others who might want to get on with worthwhile stuff.

Of course I want software I use to be 'perfect' and will act with questions, suggestions, reasonable complaints and bug reports where I hope for improvement. Still, it is not perfect and if it were perfect for me then near-certainly I would be overriding essential priorities for others.

infabo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:43 am

After reading this topic there is one single sentence I want to say to anyone complaining here: show us one single bug report you filed at MT support.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:25 am

After reading this topic there is one single sentence I want to say to anyone complaining here: show us one single bug report you filed at MT support.
I already filed so many bug reports that I get the feeling I am being ignored now. That is why I hesitate to spend effort on making more of them.

snowman62
just joined

Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:29 am

True a flame war over Apple vs. Microsoft is helpful. But repeating generic complaints about upgrade problem, without formally reporting them, doesn't help anyone either. Perhaps you can save someone in the future from running into whatever upgrade issue you did and reporting?

You have an option of not upgrade too. I still have V6 running in few places — in part because if a remote upgrade failed... it be a lot of time/money/annoyance/etc if there was a failure. And my plan is replace the hardware when it dies or needs change instead.

Not apologizing for Mikrotik — since perhaps they can/should do more testing — but they do try and respond as issues come up. And they have a HUGE test matrix between 4+ platform, 100+ devices, 100+ features, and 1000+ options in RouterOS — stuff is just going to slip through at that scale.
Amm0 Amm0 Amm0!!! you are apologising for MT!!!! for a Guru your generic answers are annoying and not helpful!!!! your condescending replies are insulting!!!

snowman62
just joined

Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:32 am

Linux is skipped on purpose? ROS is Linux based.
I agree with Amm0, to develop and test such conversion to be exact you will wait for new ROS version in years. And also there are some features which not exists on new version like old User Manager, how to resolve that with unattended conversion?
POPPYCOCK!!!! optio

you people have obviously not designed developed and coded software before, or if you have you clearly dont understand the principals of complete comprehensive solutions!!

snowman62
just joined

Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:43 am

PMSL!!!! have you ever used upgraded or developed comprehensive enterprise level router solutions using MT?????????????????? Obviously not!!!

In the past 23+ years of using and developing around MT i, our customers and many MT users in the world have submitted many support and complaint tickets to MT with generic and non committal or disconnected responses and solutions!!! hence the many complaints around the release of versions without full testing and compliance!! admittedly as indicated previously its a lot better these days but still!!

This has become a waste of time!!! its simple people and the MT machine ( and i know it wont happen because of MT's EGO!!!) develop a comprehensive upgrade and import functionality whether its a paid product or part of the OS to upgrade existing router to a function state with minimal name changes for relevant features and enable an import of a v6 config export into a v7 router with the same functionality and leave both in a 100% functional state!!!! why is this so hard for you MT or you just dont want to do it!!! be honest and tell us!

Over and OUt!

snowman62
just joined

Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:46 am

I already filed so many bug reports that I get the feeling I am being ignored now. That is why I hesitate to spend effort on making more of them.
100% agreed pe1chl !!! they dont care because of their EGO!!!! "its our way or no way, how dare you tell us ideas that are better then ours and demand them now to make the product better!!!!"

optio
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:17 pm

POPPYCOCK!!!! optio

you people have obviously not designed developed and coded software before, or if you have you clearly dont understand the principals of complete comprehensive solutions!!
Not sure what issues you have with yourself, but try to find reason or help.
I actually work as software developer professionally in not small company with a lot of integrated products at enterprise scale and have some experience to understand resource capacity vs large scaled deployment and test, but you know more I guess...

snowman62
just joined

Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:02 am

POPPYCOCK!!!! optio

Not sure what issues you have with yourself, but try to find reason or help.
I actually work as software developer professionally in not small company with a lot of integrated products at enterprise scale and have some experience to understand resource capacity vs large scaled deployment and test, but you know more I guess...
PMSL!! the issue i have is with boolickers like you that with very limited experience that cant visualise what i'm talking about!!! would luv to see the quality and context of the code you claim to have developed! Because if you cant see the validity of what im talking about in this feed then i feel sorry for you!! its simple dude you develop something-sou create a comprehensive upgrade path to new version leaving the production system in working condition with minimal non destructive modifications for labelling updates of the config!!! thats what every professional development teams do!! Development teams that at least i've put together and lead in the past 40+years!!!

Anyway its clear when one reads most of the forum topics the narrative is the same people are pissed off with Mikrotik's attitude and their work practices!!! thats undisputed by all except for the loyal bootlicker members!!!! DO better MT!

MT management i'm available to lead and develop a comprehensive path to better product development and direction on a contract basis! I'm not cheap and MT will be better for it!

The no response from MT is also typical!!! Are you guys asleep or busy producing those sill waste of time youtube propaganda!!!??? WAKEUP!

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:20 am

Topic locked.
This is leading nowhere.