Community discussions

MikroTik App

Stourview
just joined
Topic Author

AP ax^2 Default config

Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:52 am

Hi All

First I would like to say that I am new to ROS7, but looks good and I particularly wanted to explore wireguard BUT ...

I'm not sure what the original config of the AX2 was but I have reset it several times due to errors I have made and it does not come back with any default config - or at least nothing I was expecting.

When using a HapLite in ROS6 it would install a default config with basic wireless, all lan ports bridged, DHCP, NAT and function as a basic AP/Router.

This AX2 does none of that. I'm struggling to get basic functionality out of it, Does anyone have a basic setup I can load into it please?

Also when I use the system/Reset Configuration option it seems to screw up the password so that I cant get in, I have to do a hard reset and wipe the thing. Am I missing something?

The AX2 looks good, great spec but so far not doing anything for me but consuming all the spare time I have.

Would appreciate any help anyone can give to get me (re)started.

Many thanks

Dave

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: AP ax^2 Default config

Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:42 am

Which version is currently on the device ?
You may want to start with netinstall, I recommend version 7.8 as latest or if you're adventurous, use 7.10rc3.
Avoid 7.9-chain (my view).

The fact you can not get in after changing the password sounds familiar to me ... (created sup-ticket for 3 AX devices with similar behavior after upgrading from 7.8 to 7.10rc3. But netinstall to 7.10rc3 went flawless, go figure...).

Stourview
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:36 am

7.92 currently. I'll start with 7.8 and see what happens, thanks.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:45 am

For completeness, default script on AX2 attached (based on 7.10rc1 but should not be that much difference).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

a13antichrist

Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:08 pm

For completeness, default script on AX2 attached (based on 7.10rc1 but should not be that much difference).
Also great as a learning reference to understand how everything is "meant" to be put together. Thanks! 8)