Community discussions

MikroTik App

TomSF
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Failure to connect to HAP ax^3 wifi

Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:29 pm

I observed this issue with v7.10rc3 and do not know if it applies to other versions. The ax^3 is configured as an AP directly (no capsman).

I added a device to my world that required a 2.4G wifi which I already had configured on the ax^3. The device would connect and disconnect 2 seconds later. It never got to the point of asking for an IP address. I simplified the configuration to reference a security profile with nothing but the passphrase, no channel profile, and a data path profile. It still would not stay connected for more than 2 seconds. I then changed the configuration to not use the security profile and instead put the passphrase directly in the configuration. That solved the problem and the device connected. In hindsight, with the same ROS version, a few days ago I could not connect an android phone to the same SSID on the ax^3 which had the original configuration. I did not investigate that further but suspect it was the same issue.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Failure to connect to HAP ax^3 wifi

Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:24 pm

Post config part of wifiwave2 when it fails please.
Could be some setting in the encryption part, especially the CCMP stuff. Not that much devices which like it.

TomSF
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:50 pm

This is a "never mind" moment. As I pasted the two configurations in this response, I saw that my failing security profile had an extra letter in the passphrase vs. explicitly putting the passphrase in the configuration. After fixing that everything works as expected.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:51 pm

Okido.