Community discussions

MikroTik App

DyadyaGenya
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Monitoring the modem's status

Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:50 am

I have a Quectel EM12G modem in my MikroTik. It seemed to be working well. However, for the last week, possibly due to the hot temperature, it started freezing occasionally (about once a day). The link goes down. A simple power cycle of the modem helps.
Perhaps the issue isn't just the temperature. It's clear that it can be monitored using the command:
:local temper ( [ /interface lte at-chat lte1 wait=yes input="AT+QTEMP" as-value] -> "output" )
and then, using an array, I can observe specific temperature readings. But it's unclear what temperature is critical and what to do when it approaches the critical level. Should the modem be turned off? And then wait until the temperature drops at least a couple of degrees?
Or should the modem's status be checked with the command:
/interface lte monitor lte1 as-value once ] -> "status" ) = "connected"
Because it seemed to me that the connection was lost once when the temperature wasn't notably high, not exceeding 40.
Perhaps other parameters need to be monitored. What are they and how? And are there any other methods to deal with the issue apart from turning the modem on and off?