Community discussions

MikroTik App

memo009525
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot users change their password using HTML page

Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:07 pm

Hello, MikroTik community,

I hope you are all doing well. I'm currently working on a project and could use some guidance on creating a script to enable password changes for MikroTik hotspot users through an HTML page. If anyone has experience with this or knows of an alternative approach, I'd greatly appreciate your input.

**Background:**
I'm managing a MikroTik hotspot network, and I want to enhance the user experience by allowing them to change their passwords conveniently. I've been researching and experimenting, but I could use some expert advice.

**My Goal:**
I'm aiming to create an HTML page that hotspot users can access, enter their current password, and then set a new one. Behind the scenes, I'd like to implement a MikroTik script that validates the changes and updates the passwords accordingly.

**What I've Tried:**
I've started working on the HTML page, but I'm unsure about how to connect it to MikroTik scripting to ensure the password change is secure and functional.

**My Questions:**
1. Has anyone successfully implemented a similar solution, allowing hotspot users to change their passwords via an HTML page?
2. What is the recommended approach for handling password changes securely on a MikroTik hotspot?
3. Are there any existing scripts or resources that could help me achieve this goal?

I'm eager to learn and willing to put in the effort to make this feature work. Any guidance, code snippets, or insights you can provide would be incredibly valuable to me.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise. I look forward to hearing from you and collaborating on this project.

Best regards,