ehmedafsah
just joined
Topic Author

Routes are not being announced / reflecting

Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:18 am

Hello everyone,

So i have this setup set in place

Devices;
1x Mikrotik CRS212-1G-10S-1S+ running mipsbe RoS v7.11.12 (SR1)
1x Mikrotik CCR2004 running arm64 RoS v7.7 (SRP)
1x Cisco ASR9001 (CR)

Scenario;
SR1 is more of a radius or as we call service router. SR1 will connect to SRP (service routers parent) via a p2p IP. Then we will initiate an iBGP session from SR1 to SRP. SR1 will announce its network to SRP using Output Network in BGP filter.

SRP stays between our core router (CR) and SRs, So it would basically become a route relfector to the CR. an iBGP session is being run between SRP and CR using p2p ips. There are no other protocols such as OSPF running in between. Just BGP.

Issue;

SR1 announces its network to SRP, SRP learns the network and adds that network to route list as DAb (Dynamic, Active, BGP). So there is no issue in between SR1 and SRP. Gateway for SR1 DAb network learned by SRP is the gateway of SR1 (176.190) It works as expected.

The issue is SRP is not sending the network learned from SR1 to CR. I have tried multiple output redistribution modes too. Only connected works. But the issue with connected for me is that it send all DAC routes from SRP to CR which includes private IPs also. I applied a filter list on output filter to drop these networks, but it is not working. SRP does not send the DAb to CR in connected mode.

What i want to happen is, SRP do route reflection to CR. iBgp rr mode is not working as i intended. when rr mode is enabled, SRP do send the SR1 network to CR via route reflection. But the issue is when reflection is done, SRP send to CR the SR1 route with that 176.190 as gateway. It should be the SRP gateway which goes to CR (176.18). I have tried lot of different things in between these two. but it does not seem to work.

Below is BGP config of SRP

name="CR_iBGP-v4"
remote.address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx .as=xxx
local.default-address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx .role=ibgp
connect=yes listen=yes routing-table=main as=xxxx
nexthop-choice=force-self address-families=ip
output.redistribute=connected,bgp .filter-chain=OUT-CR
.no-client-to-client-reflection=no

Below is BGP config of SR1

name="SR1"
remote.address=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX .as=xxxx
local.address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx .role=ibgp
routing-table=main router-id=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as=xxxx address-families=ip
output.network=CR-ANNOUNCE .no-client-to-client-reflection=no

Any idea what i am doing wrong between SRP and CR ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.