Community discussions

MikroTik App

DanielT
just joined
Topic Author

caps-man configuration -> set country issue via script

Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:00 pm

Hi All

I originally posted this on Wireless networking but had no response, hoping this group will be better placed to assist.

I'm surely doing something wrong but would appreciate your input.

I've been setting up my caps-man devices manually up until now, but have decided to script them. I am using the following code snippet:

/caps-man configuration 
	add name=hotspot datapath=hotspot mode=ap ssid=blah distance=indoors country="south africa" installation=indoor
This code works no problem if I enter it at the Terminal prompt, but gives me an error "input does not match any value of country" if I place it in my script.

Any idea how I can get this to work please?

(tried on both 7.10 and 7.12.1)

Thanks

DanielT

mikefox
just joined

Re: caps-man configuration -> set country issue via script

Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:46 am

Hi guy, I think the error you're encountering, "input does not match any value of country," suggests that the value you're providing for the country parameter in your script is not recognized. To resolve this, you can try using the country code instead of the country name.

For example, instead of specifying country="south africa", you can use the country code for South Africa, which is ZA. Modify your script as follows:
/caps-man configuration 
  add name=hotspot datapath=hotspot mode=ap ssid=blah distance=indoors country=ZA installation=indoor
By using the country code, you should be able to avoid the error message and successfully execute your script.