Community discussions

MikroTik App

dfansler
just joined
Topic Author

HAP lite Reset is not working

Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:31 am

I realize, from searching the site, that this is an often asked question - and I have read the instructions, so I know the procedure to reset my HAP lite - But It Just Is Not Working!

I purchased my 2nd HAP lite recently for a submersible ROV project that is coming to a close - and it better because I am sailing to the BVI's at the end of the month and want to take it with me. The ROV is linked to the surface by a 100 m optical cable that is inside a 100 m poly rope. Data from a 4k camera and environmental status from the RPi on board the ROV is sent to the controlling unit on the surface RPi which in turn sends flight instructions to the ROV. A HAP lite will be in the ROV and the control unit.

So I setup the new unit for my intended configuration - which of course did not work since I forgot the IP address of the HAP lite LAN. No problem, reset the unit and try again. Except I have held the reset button down while powering the unit until the LED starts to blink 6 bizillion times now and the SID for the unit has yet to show up.

The older unit did have it's SID show up on reset, however it refuses to let me in at address 192.168.88.1 by port 1 or by wireless. So what do I do with it?

Suggestions would be appreciated.
David
Solo Sailed from Greece to North Carolina - 2022
YouTube "Sailing Solo at 70"

jaclaz
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: HAP lite Reset is not working

Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:39 am

On a normally configured Mikrotik device port 1 is WAN (unless you change it) so you do not normally have web access to it.
If you actually did the reset, it has likely reverted to WAN anyway.
Have you tried the other ports?
Can't you try using Winbox? (it should allow you access via the MAC, no need for IP addresses)

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: HAP lite Reset is not working

Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:46 am

Additionally: recently manufactured devices come with random password set for admin user and password is printed on a sticker somewhere on device (default admin password was blank previously).