Community discussions

MikroTik App

matijaz
just joined
Topic Author

network reorganize

Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:27 pm

Hello,

my current setup is: rb5009 with XS+DA0001 connect to css326 and it is connected to clients and unifi sw-60 poe switch from which 2x unifi ap-ac lite and my cameras are getting poe. also i have 2 more wap-ac in edges of our house. I also have some no name chinese 2.5G 4 port switch. I have 3x 2.5G clients talking to each other(storage + 2 servers)
house is ~250m2 spread on 2 floors. both unifi aps are one above the other on 1st and 2nd floor. one wap-ac is in my office(unifi didn't give me enough troughput because of iron rods in the walls even though it's under 10m away) and another one is in my garage so my car(don't ask) and some iot devices can have wifi access. both wap-acs are controlled by capsman.

so my idea is to reorganize and use mikrotik equitement only.
replace unifi ap-acs with cap-axs and wap-acs with hap-ax2. I'd add css610-8p to provide poe to cameras and cap-axs(remove sw-60w) and i'd add crs310-8g to replace noname chinese 2.5G switch.
i'd connect css326 to crs310-8g with XS+DA0001 on second sfp+ port and css610-8p to crs310 using XS+DA0001.

How does all that sound? how stupid is to chain switches with few hops? i won't have anything connecting over a full gigabit really and all 2.5G endpoints would be on their own switch.
Also what about wifi? i know it's extremly generic question i just want good coverage and normal roaming between access points. also most of the clients are ok with 2.4G connection(and some like my car only work on 2.4G)

I'm attaching diagrams of current setup and proopsed new one

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.