Community discussions

MikroTik App

jbweld
just joined
Topic Author

Netwatch: RouterOS v6.48.6: offline message and online message at the same time?

Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:20 pm

Hello! I have set up a ping-monitor using Netwatch on mikrotik hex lite which I bought recently. Haven't gotten a chance to upgrade the OS: it's 6.48.6 now.
I set the interval to be 00:02:00, and Timeout 119000ms. I had thought that this would mean that if a ping reply back within 119sec, then the IP address is considered to be "up". I want to be on a generous side: the device might be disconnected for a while, but as long as it's less than 2 min, I should not get an alert. That's what I meant.

However, today I got an email for "online" and "offline" at the same time. I looked at the log, and found that it sent "online" message, then 1 second later sent "offline" message. (please see the attached screenshot) I don't understand at all why it's first "online" and then "offline". In the end, the device was indeed online, so the last state is not offline.

I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me why this happened. I guess it might have something to do with the fact that a few minutes ago there was some kind of reassignment of the IP address: I don't understand why it's doing anyway.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.