Community discussions

MikroTik App

MaxwellsEq
Topic Author

V7.13.1 hAPax3 WiFi 'Configuration Profiles' doesn't seem to work, need to click in Winbox

Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:47 pm

I believe I'm doing something wrong, but what it is, I don't know

I've followed the manual instructions at https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/WiFi .
I first created a security profile such as:
add name=my-authN authentication-types=wpa3-psk passphrase="xxxx" wps=disable
I then created a common configuration such as:
add name=my-conf ssid=mySSID country="United Kingdom" security=my-authN
I created the channel interfaces such as:
add name=my-2ghz frequency=2437 width=20mhz
add name=my-5ghz frequency=5180 width=20/40/80mhz
I then bind it all up:
set wifi1 channel=my-2ghz configuration=my-conf disabled=no
set wifi2 channel=my-5ghz configuration=my-conf disabled=no
There are no error messages and checking /interface/wifi/actual-configuration looks sensible. Winbox GUI looks correct as well, although all the values are correct but grey.

It just doesn't work. The WiFi APs never go live.

BUT, if I go into the GUI for security, open my-authN and click on each item, the text goes from grey to black (with exactly the same setting). If I then go into configuration, open my-conf and click on each item, the text goes from grey to black.

Suddenly it all works.

But most odd - /interface/wifi/actual-configuration is 100% unchanged

If I delete everything and not bother with the configuration approach and just enter :
set wifi1 disabled=no configuration.country="United Kingdom" configuration.ssid=mySSID security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk security.passphrase="xxxx"
it all works immediately

I've now repeated it twice, and it behaves the same way... I can't see why this behaviour happens