Community discussions

MikroTik App

RSE
just joined
Topic Author

Fasttrack on single interface

Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:32 pm

Hello,

I have two bridges on my RB5009, one bridge with all my server vlans and what not and one bridge which is my lan.
I am using queues for my server vlans hence why i needed to change the fasttrack rule to affect my lan only.
For a long time i ran the fasttrack rule with in interface on "bridge" which contains my LAN and everything worked fine.
But now when i just looked at it again i was not sure if adding the bridge to in interface only fasttracks incomming packets (Download) and not upload.
Should i also add a fasttrack rule with "bridge" on out interface, or is this not needed for some reason?
Like this:

Mesquite

Re: Fasttrack on single interface

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:14 pm

I would actually use one bridge and two vlans and then queue the single vlan.
as for the ruleset would do this... accept the vlan traffic prior to fastrack rule......
Thus the fastrack rule will not be reached or seen and thus NOT executed for queued traffic but will work fine for the other vlan traffic.

add action=accept chain=forward connection-state=established,related,untracked dst-address=vlansubnet
add action=accept chain=forward connection-state=established,related,untracked src-address=vlansubnet

add action=fasttrack-connection chain=forward comment="defconf: fasttrack" \
connection-state=established,related hw-offload=yes
add action=accept chain=forward comment=\
"defconf: accept established,related, untracked" connection-state=\
established,related,untracked
add action=drop chain=forward comment="defconf: drop invalid" \
connection-state=invalid