Community discussions

MikroTik App

muhanadali
Topic Author

CCR1036 Was a proplem with version 7

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:04 pm

I have CCR1036-12G-4S

I upgrade from V6 to v7 when it's beta

I encountered a problem, then I went back to the old version, and after a while I switched to the stable version 7.1
But the same problem occurred in the previous version, and now it occurs in the latest version because of my need for WireGuard
But same problem with v7.14

The problem is that after a few minutes of operation, the device stops opening and all of the components stop, and when it is restarted, it starts working again, but after a short period of time, it stops again.

the problem just in v7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried working on the CCR1016 and CCR1009 with same configure, but I never faced the same problem

it's just with CCR1036-12G-4S

support.rif : https://file.io/Xvk3fsHYLiPz

kevinds
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: CCR1036 Was a proplem with version 7

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:08 am

Netinstall it.

If the CCR1036 is an r1 version, could be failing power supply.. Many of the r1 units had poor quality caps in them.

Right now my CCR1036 is showing 23.3v and it is making me nervous because I can't do anything about it (would require a plane ticket to get to) if it fails.

godel0914
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:44 am

Netinstall it.

If the CCR1036 is an r1 version, could be failing power supply.. Many of the r1 units had poor quality caps in them.

Right now my CCR1036 is showing 23.3v and it is making me nervous because I can't do anything about it (would require a plane ticket to get to) if it fails.
My CCR1036 is r1 version with only one PSU, purchased around 2018 and the PSU failed 4 times, almost failed each year.

The PSU failure doesn't come with a sudden shut off power, but a slowly problem of failed network connection. This past Saturday, i found my internet gone, so i checked the ISP modem, good, then found CCR1036 disconnected. I tried rebooting it, still not working, so i restore the backup configuration, after rebooting, it goes into loop-booting.

I un-plugged power cable, wait for one hour, then re-plugging the power, no responding, all lights off.

I have to drive one hour to return the faulty CCR1036 to my vendor for break-fix, and one hour back home.

The CCR1036 hardware is cheesy, my LED display breaks and fall, i need to glue it back, and each time PSU failed i need to pay USD 64 (NTD 2,000) for fix. This time is the fourth failure of My CCR1036 PSU, it's really ridiculous.

kevinds
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:51 am

The CCR1036 hardware is cheesy, my LED display breaks and fall, i need to glue it back, and each time PSU failed i need to pay USD 64 (NTD 2,000) for fix. This time is the fourth failure of My CCR1036 PSU, it's really ridiculous.
What are they doing to fix it? Do they repair the PSU? Or do they replace it?

If they repair it, I question the capacitors they are fixing the PSU with.. Replacing the capacitors with higher quality ones (brand name, higher voltage, and much higher temperature rating) would be a permanent fix.

If they continue to repair it with shitty capacitors, yes, it will continue to fail.

If you are taking it to the same place each time, why, when they are doing a poor quality job with the replacement.
The PSU failure doesn't come with a sudden shut off power, but a slowly problem of failed network connection.
I know and one of the first warning signs is falling voltage under load.

It was/is very well documented that the early edition r1 units had poor capacitors in them that eventually got changed for better ones.

godel0914
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:39 am

What are they doing to fix it? Do they repair the PSU? Or do they replace it?

If they repair it, I question the capacitors they are fixing the PSU with.. Replacing the capacitors with higher quality ones (brand name, higher voltage, and much higher temperature rating) would be a permanent fix.

If they continue to repair it with shitty capacitors, yes, it will continue to fail.

If you are taking it to the same place each time, why, when they are doing a poor quality job with the replacement.
No, my vendor always replace the failed PSU with a new module, and returned the faulty PSU for my keep.

Last time he replaced my failed PSU, he typed on messenger that this one will go lasting much longer, yes, a slightly over one year this time.

muhanadali
Topic Author

Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:08 am

Netinstall it.

I make everything but same proplem

I have had the device for 4 years and have not faced any problem. Only when I updated to version 7 did I encounter this problem

kevinds
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:03 am

I have had the device for 4 years and have not faced any problem. Only when I updated to version 7 did I encounter this problem
What happened when you did the Netinstall procedure?

muhanadali
Topic Author

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:25 am

What happened when you did the Netinstall procedure?
it's flashing normally but when start it's have same proplem

kevinds
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:37 am

it's flashing normally but when start it's have same proplem
Then yes, check the power supply for failing capacitors.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:19 am

Why doesnt MT have a return policy for such a device, customer pays for shipping back of defective unit and gets a free replacement or something reasonable etc...

kevinds
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 am

Why doesnt MT have a return policy for such a device, customer pays for shipping back of defective unit and gets a free replacement or something reasonable etc...
They do?

1 year warranty.

godel0914
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:44 am

They do? 1 year warranty.
Nice, after one year all CCR1036 PSU dies? I found not just PSU, please also check System --> Health --> Voltage
Just replaced C10 capacitor on PSU, and C1442 / C1443 capacitors on main board.

If you only replace C10 capacitor on PSU, the main board may drag it to burnout again, you can notice the voltage jumping around 22-23,
sometimes even lower than 22. Not until you replace C1442 / C1443 together then the voltage rise up to the normal 23.8-23.9 Volt.

BTW, i doubt the C10 capacitor died because of high temperature. i run my CCR1036 uncovered and check the heatsink temperature, it's not hot, just warm...
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kevinds
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:44 am

Nice, after one year all CCR1036 PSU dies? I found not just PSU, please also check System --> Health --> Voltage
Just replaced C10 capacitor on PSU, and C1442 / C1443 capacitors on main board.

BTW, i doubt the C10 capacitor died because of high temperature. i run my CCR1036 uncovered and check the heatsink temperature, it's not hot, just warm...
How long was it on for when it was "just warm"? Was the top of the case on it? Warm becomes hot when the heat can't escape..

Still poor brand caps, they are known to fail..

The theory above was that the failed PSU caps then caused the caps on the board to fail..

Still hoping to get ours back early April, see what it looks like.. So many decisions on what to do about it and it is my **s on the line if it fails again..