Community discussions

MikroTik App

GiovanniG
Topic Author

How to prioritize packets to/from LAN IP

Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:29 pm

Hi, I've tried to use queues for prioritize packets of one IP (VoIP) but I see always 0 on the statitics, how to proceed? I've noticed that if I limit instead the traffic it works..

I suppose I have to disable the fasstrack for this? I did but no results.
SHould I declare all the subnet with less priority?
I would avoid overload the CPU. Thans for suggestions

Also, I've noticed that for limit the traffic on both ways UP/DW I need to create 2 separate rules, one with origin target subnet IP and destination 0.0.0.0/0, and another with origin 0.0.0.0/0 and target subnet destination IP, otherwise I have limitation only on Upload, does it has sense?

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Re: How to prioritize packets to/from LAN IP

Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:08 pm

I'm looking for suggestions, thanks

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:45 pm

Someone can indicate me a way? Thank you

K0NCTANT1N
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:03 pm

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:07 pm

Thank you, I?ve watched it, a part from a specific configuration for a specific destination, which I don't need, I grabbed the idea to mark packets with mangle and specify them on Queues.. teorically it's just needed for me to do that, without specify bandwith, source and destination IPs.. all is coming by the mark.
The mark is working, I can see the counters, but queues keep to 0, as well I did before with IP.
This time I created a Parent, assigned the internet max bandwith, then created the rule with proority and the others, tried different combinations (such add IP source, destination, remove them and so on), I stil have 0 on statistics.
For me queue works only as a limiter, but I can't give priority. Somebody had success?