Community discussions

MikroTik App

Antixx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

OSPF - PPPOE

Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:49 pm

I have 4 Router connected to each other and each of them have number of diffrent interfaces with diffrent IPs, i have /24 Valid IP address from my ISP now because of lack of IPs my clients may connect to mk1 ...mk4 with pppoe or static IP now when i give an ip for example 10.10.10.5 to a client they may connect to each possible mk,

OSPF is suited for me?
I dont want to use subneting because i will lost lot of IPs.
where is the manual for this situation?

butche
Trainer
Trainer

Re: OSPF - PPPOE

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:41 pm

I have 4 Router connected to each other and each of them have number of diffrent interfaces with diffrent IPs, i have /24 Valid IP address from my ISP now because of lack of IPs my clients may connect to mk1 ...mk4 with pppoe or static IP now when i give an ip for example 10.10.10.5 to a client they may connect to each possible mk,

OSPF is suited for me?
I'm not certain I understand the question, but if you are asking about assigning a static IP to a customer (public or private is not relevant) and using OSPF to distribute that route to other routers on your network, then yes, that is what it is for and it works very well. For example:
If you have assigned a client with an IP address of 10.10.10.5, and that client connects to ANY of your pppoe servers, then the route to 10.10.10.5 would be sent to all other routers in your network so that your client can browse (or whatever else they need to do).
Not sure what manual you need assistance with, but the OSPF manual is here:http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/2. ... g/ospf.php

Antixx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:08 am

OSPF is suited for me?
I'm not certain I understand the question, but if you are asking about assigning a static IP to a customer (public or private is not relevant) and using OSPF to distribute that route to other routers on your network, then yes, that is what it is for and it works very well. For example:
If you have assigned a client with an IP address of 10.10.10.5, and that client connects to ANY of your pppoe servers, then the route to 10.10.10.5 would be sent to all other routers in your network so that your client can browse (or whatever else they need to do).
Not sure what manual you need assistance with, but the OSPF manual is here:http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/2. ... g/ospf.php

I already read the that doc but i can find what i need.
assume that you have 10 MK Routers and one of them have route to the internet, every 10 MK can ping each other we want to give IP to the PPPOE clients that's all, i couldnt find application example. or any enough manual

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:25 pm

There might not be an application example of this exact configuration. Mikrotik is a infinantly configurable router! There is SO many things it can do that only if you had that exact need would you implement it.

But as Butch said, PPPoE and OSPF works quite well together. Set it up and run with it!

butche
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:13 pm

assume that you have 10 MK Routers and one of them have route to the internet, every 10 MK can ping each other we want to give IP to the PPPOE clients that's all, i couldnt find application example. or any enough manual
Yes, OSPF will fix the routing so that devices across the network can communicate with each other. It is not relevant whether a device is pppoe or not. (PPPoE DOES work with OSPF, as I already said).

Antixx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:26 am

Yes, OSPF will fix the routing so that devices across the network can communicate with each other. It is not relevant whether a device is pppoe or not. (PPPoE DOES work with OSPF, as I already said).
Dear frinends,

I know all you said but i just need manual which can help me to config. MK Manual dont make me satisfied.

Thanks for your help indeed