Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ag3NT_K
just joined
Topic Author

RouterOS v3.1 High cpu usage

Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:11 pm

Since upgrading to version 3.1 most of my routerboards (ranging from 100 series to 500 series) are displaying high cpu usage. Some disconnect randomly and others are just extremely slow. Is it possible to downgrade back to the version that was stable? If so where can I download version 2.49 from as I cant seem to find it anywhere.

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: RouterOS v3.1 High cpu usage

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:15 pm

Well you can downgrade to 2.51, that is availible on the mikrotik website.. Now if you reallly need that specific version, i suggesting getting a P2P program such as bittorent and do a search for it, Many it can be a torrent filel still going around out there for that router-os version. And there mite also be a list of all the router-os packages on the mikrotik website but i havent been able to find them. Best bet if 2.51 isnt what you want Use a P2P program and do a search with it. -Jordan

Edit. I forgot to mention, the reason your having all of those problems possibly is because 3.1 and 2.49 are not very compatible, soo upgrading all of your other routerboards to the updated version of Router-os should make your problems go away, but it is up to you what you wish to do. :-)
~Agricultural WISP "ZONE"~ Beware of oncoming cattle and dont hit the farmer!!! I need to ask him about using his silo for an AP first"~

*Automated Billing Installer* http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling Built by Krige ;-)

Ag3NT_K
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Well you can downgrade to 2.51, that is availible on the mikrotik website.. Now if you reallly need that specific version, i suggesting getting a P2P program such as bittorent and do a search for it, Many it can be a torrent filel still going around out there for that router-os version. And there mite also be a list of all the router-os packages on the mikrotik website but i havent been able to find them. Best bet if 2.51 isnt what you want Use a P2P program and do a search with it. -Jordan

Edit. I forgot to mention, the reason your having all of those problems possibly is because 3.1 and 2.49 are not very compatible, soo upgrading all of your other routerboards to the updated version of Router-os should make your problems go away, but it is up to you what you wish to do. :-)
Thanks for the speedy reply. I have already upgraded all the routerboards and still have the same problem. I will see if I can find 2.49 on the p2p networks thanks for your help.

Gerard
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:48 pm

I have a Mikrotik archive at http://www.shelbywireless.com/files/mikrotik/

-Gerard

51? I don't see that available yet..
Certified Mikrotik Trainer

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:08 pm

51? I don't see that available yet..
Your right i do not know why i thought it was.. Must have looked at something wrong.... Well 2.50 then.. -Jordan
~Agricultural WISP "ZONE"~ Beware of oncoming cattle and dont hit the farmer!!! I need to ask him about using his silo for an AP first"~

*Automated Billing Installer* http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling Built by Krige ;-)

Ag3NT_K
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:39 pm

Thanks Gerard you really helped me out of a tight spot. Good idea keeping an archive.

npbrasil
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:22 pm

Yes Gerard!! Very good idea, this can be a life saver. Hi Ag3NT_K, try the 3.0 rc13 version.

Ag3NT_K
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:58 pm

Well I finally downgraded all my routerboards down to v 2.9.50. They seem to be stable now at least, although the entire network is still slower than it was with v 2.9.49 I guess it's true what they say, "If it's not broken....don't fix it"

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:13 pm

Well I finally downgraded all my routerboards down to v 2.9.50. They seem to be stable now at least, although the entire network is still slower than it was with v 2.9.49 I guess it's true what they say, "If it's not broken....don't fix it"
You mite wish to try to format the Nand, and use netinstall to installed a completly new version of your prefered OS, some say there is carry over from 3.0 to 2.50 if downgrading... Not sure mite be worth a try though.. Good luck. -Jordan