Community discussions

MikroTik App

Darrelb
just joined
Topic Author

Crossroads Is locked ..

Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:57 am

So I'm new to Mikrotik .. I bought a Crossroads and was configuring it with Winbox ... The last thing ( I think I did ) was enable the wireless function and now I cant access the RB with Winbox or anything .. I tried the serial cable with a switch etc , you name it , I can get back in it ..

Strange thing is pressing the reset button on the card dosnt do a thing .. I tried many combos , like holding the button before powering up etc ... Nothing ..

Question is ... How do I restore Defaults on this thing ????

Thanks

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Crossroads Is locked ..

Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:06 am

you have to hold the button, then power it (keep holding) and wait until it fully boots, the software will be reset then (let go of the button) :)

but you should definitely see Something on the serial output, if it starts at all. make sure your cable is ok, and that you are using the correct baud rate

Darrelb
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:34 pm

Strange ... No luck at all .. Cable is good .. Com pot settings good .. Blue power LED on .. the top green one just flashes on / off .. Seems to reboot normally . beeps are the same as when I unpacked it ..

Just cant get into it , reset it , or even see it in Winbox .. Is there anything that can be done from " The Dude " ??

Thanks

Darrelb
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 pm

So I am finaly getting it to boot with the serial connection , but not getting very far .. Here's what I'm getting ..

MikroTik Login: admin
Password:

MMM MMM KKK TTTTTTTTTTT KKK
MMMM MMMM KKK TTTTTTTTTTT KKK
MMM MMMM MMM III KKK KKK RRRRRR OOOOOO TTT III KKK KKK
MMM MM MMM III KKKKK RRR RRR OOO OOO TTT III KKKKK
MMM MMM III KKK KKK RRRRRR OOO OOO TTT III KKK KKK
MMM MMM III KKK KKK RRR RRR OOOOOO TTT III KKK KKK

MikroTik RouterOS 2.9.50 (c) 1999-2007 http://www.mikrotik.com/

(19 messages not shown)
dec/31/1999 18:00:19 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper sn
dec/31/1999 18:00:19 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper sn
dec/31/1999 18:00:18 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper sn
dec/31/1999 18:00:18 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper sn
dec/31/1999 18:01:42 system,error,critical login failure for user via local
[admin@MikroTik] >

odie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:07 am

i dont know what you are missing.....
if no input ther will be no output...
did you have a look into the manual ?

Darrelb
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:10 am

Ok , Now I'm getting somewhere .. Tons of great info here ..

Anyway I got it working in hyper terminal , I open Netinstall 3.11 load the package files , etc etc .. Anyway here's what I'm getting now ..
-----------------------------------------------------------
trying bootp protocol... OK
Got IP address: 192.168.1.115
resolved mac address 00:0E:0C:01:CB:E0
transfer started ...................... transfer ok, time=4.00s
invalid upgrade file id

-------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried all the files I could download from Mikrotik .. 3.11 , 2.9.51 etc ...

I also formated Nand still the same ....

Any help would be great ..

thanks

tombrdfrd66
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:02 am

Bump

I have the same problem with a Crossroads - I'm confident I configured it with a password but now it's not responding to it or any password on my list (which I cut and paste) nor to the default no password at all. Winbox reports the correct IP address and board id when it tries to connect and v3.17 (which it came with) but as far as I can tell the so-called reset button is purely decorative and serves no function whatsoever - I've held it closed through an entire boot sequence and even a complete power cycle to no effect. It still reports the configured name and IP address and reports "wrong username or password" whatever I try.

I've also drawn a complete blank trying to access it via the serial port - I get no response whatsoever even though I've tried two different null-modem cables.

Looks like I have a heap of expensive, never-used junk courtesy of Mikrotik.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:07 am

I'm sorry for causing confusion earlier, Crossroads doesn't have a RouterOS reset button. The button next to Serial port is for resetting BIOS (Bootloader) settings.

To reset the password, you have to use Netinstall and reinstall the RouterOS software.

djboxny

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:19 pm

how doi netinstall the crossroads, i keep holding the pin with netinstall 6.33.3 open and nothing