Community discussions

MikroTik App

jirkaehm
Topic Author

OSPF link state down

Wed May 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi all,

I'm seeing some strange behaviour of OSPF on wireless link's.

I have OSPF running on approx 40 router's and there is probaly some bug causing that randomly some wireless interface change state to down, If I check wireless registration table link uptime is in days.
There is no message in log.

Temporary solution to this problem is to disable and enable IP address on this down interface.

Have anyone seen this problem?

If so how do you resolve it?
I thought about writing some script that would check ospf interface state and if needed disabled and enabled IP address.

thank you for any help

dingsingo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: OSPF link state down

Thu May 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi all,

I have OSPF running on approx 40 router's and there is probaly some bug causing that randomly some wireless interface change state to down, If I check wireless registration table link uptime is in days.

Temporary solution to this problem is to disable and enable IP address on this down interface.

I thought about writing some script that would check ospf interface state and if needed disabled and enabled IP address.

thank you for any help

Hi,

same in my networks, too.

dingsingo

jirkaehm
Topic Author

Mon May 18, 2009 3:49 pm

Anyone from Mikrotik have comment on this?

Or at leaste does anyone have some script that would check ospf state and in case that is down it simply disabled and enabled IP addresses?

radous
just joined

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:33 am

I have the problem too. :(

maco

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:54 pm

same here, I'm kind of confused with the OSPF setup on wireless interfaces - can please somebody let me know whether there is any difference between running OSPF on regular ethernet interfdace and wireless interface?

for example if there is no client associated to wifi ap the route to that interface looks to be broadcasted as down in ospf network - is that true?
this is probably not exactly what we want - also the interface does not show up in Interfaces part of the OSPF setup even if the network is proprely set up in Networks

confusing a bit

marcel

andy817
just joined

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:37 pm

I am getting ospf inteface state down? the running check box is gray out? Help

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:15 am

Hi all,

thank you for any help

On any 802.11 based wireless link (with or without nstream, nv2, airmax, ...), it is widely recommended to use ospf network-type=point-to-point or network-type=nbma. Such wireless devices sometimes (often) get multicast packet handling wrong. This is especially true of older software. Point-to-point and NBMA work better in those situations.

NBMA, theoretically, should be more stable as PTP actually uses multicast. In practice, I have no problems with PTP.

You didn't provide any specifics about your setup, so that's as far as I can go with an answer.

[EDIT] Didn't realize someone had resurrected a long dead thread. Sorry.