Sadly enough I keep running into this very annoying bug within the Dude 3.4 (and before).
I start to think the 4.2 G of unknown and unfound services are related to a bug with any SNMP version and community-strings.
I get the feeling that assigning a SNMP-Profile does some sort of SNMP walk immediately instead of just being used as SNMP-community string info to be used.
I've this feeling since the problem occurs with whatever SNMP-profile I use (even my particular one's show this behaviour).
In the earlier versions of the Dude the use of discovering new devices was not always recommended or working properly so I started to most things myself.
When I add a device I do this first by entering IP-address, I skip discovery of any service and hit finish.
Then I go into the device services tab and manually add a service. The device first says OK within the services tab, after the next probe it still is OK, when you switch to general tab it hangs and after decades returns (if you're lucky that is) with the infamous 4.2 G of services.
After killing the Dude-client and restarting it, I change SNMP read community on the device and retry the whole thing..
Same map, removed the device entirely. Then restart The Dude service on the server, just to make sure it lost any reason to hang..
Then enter the map, add the device as described above, change the setting of SNMP profile to the right one and after a little time the whole damn general tab hangs again.. This bug is getting very, very irritating.. to say the least..
For sofar as I know it isn't a combination of for ever existing/loading maps/inability to create new maps and this bug itself.
Simple because it happens on all maps I've in The Dude, whether they load or not or are new..
I sort of beg the Mikrotik team to have an urgent look into this issue, it's likely to kill interest from people who have less patience with bugs.