Community discussions

MikroTik App

eddieada
just joined
Topic Author

NEW Email authentication NOT WORKING

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:15 am

First off i tried the things in the message below on 3.25.. i have tried on hotmail smtp.hotmail.com and smtp.live.com port 25 also on yahoo(btw yahoo requires that stupid antispam user input from the letters that a friggin real human cant read so i dont know how that is ever going to work) i tried it on gmail and didnt not get it to work.

i tried this on my a virtual email account i lease.. REQUIRES ssl and port 465 that dont work.

so would somebody please give step by step instructions on how to set this up on a virgin RB133 running 3.25 that can ping the internet from the terminal. (it was factory reset and the dhcp client was enabled and can ping the internet).. now make it send an email please!!!!

btw i have searched and tried every damn thing i could find for the last 10 hours otherwise i wouldnt be asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

see ya at the Dallas MUM

fosben
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: NEW Email authentication NOT WORKING

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:41 am

you could have used the same post as the other email problem...

anyway, you get a timeout error in your log or nothing at all ?

dssmiktik
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:00 am

Just for reference, I tried gmail in 3.24 and it worked.
/tool e-mail send body="test" server=[:resolve smtp.gmail.com] subject="Testing" to=<recipient email> user=<username> password="<password>"
I tried these ports:
25 - worked
587 - worked
465 - didn't work; logged message "system,e-mail,error Error sending e-mail: SMTP server not ready"

Hope this helps,

Doug Shove

eddieada
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:45 am

thanks guys

this worked on port 587 which is all I tried it on

/tool e-mail send body="test" server=[:resolve smtp.gmail.com] subject="Testing" to=mygmail.com mygmail@gmail.com password="xxxxxxxxxxx"

all i needed was one thing working

thanks again!

see ya at the Dallas MUM if your there