Community discussions

MikroTik App

gualla
just joined
Topic Author

static route?

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:58 am

I'm new using mikrotik. I read the manual and documentations which were very helpful but now i have a big doubt.

My provider give two different subnet /25 but I use only one /25 with some subnet for different customers. so far I have routed a subnet /27 to one client. but now my client need this /27 an the other /25 i dont know how can i route the new subnet /25 in the same ethernet.

I have a routerboard with 9 ethernet. Ether1 Public with proxy-arp enable so i configure the /27 in Ether2(customer). now I have to setup the new class /25. can i put some static route without using an ip on the mikrotik or i need to use bridge?

Ether2 (customer) 200.43.XXX.XXX / 27
new ip 190.220.XXX.XXX / 25

could someone help me with this?
Thanks in advance

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: static route?

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:19 am

if it were me i would ask the ISP for a /30 routing subnet. Have them 'route' all your subnets thru that /30. No need for proxy arp, just route the IPs where you need them. Making expanding easier down the road. The ISP probably prefers this method anyhow.

gualla
just joined
Topic Author

Re: static route?

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:17 pm

I understand your point of view but is not the solution. in the first subnet /25 I have multiple subnets /30 /29 /27 and one of those subnets is on the ethernet client who always use. now I need to point to the same ethernet a new subnet /25 which has a different range of ip. But I want to do this without using a gw defined in mikrotik. can i route all without taking any ip?

What would be the way to implement it?

Thanks