MikroTik App

mktwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Access UserManager from Hot Spot interface

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:30 am

Dear guys,
I have configured an HotSpot system using wiki tutorial, and then I have configured userman for manage user. My problem is that i can access to http://ether_router_IP/userman but I can't access to http://hotspot_router_IP/userman: why? How can I access to userman from hotspot interface?

I hope to receive an answer

Best regards

mktwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Access UserManager from Hot Spot interface

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:38 am

Hi guys,
i resolve problem! I insert ether IP address into walled-garden.

Thanks

Best regards

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi guys,
i resolve problem! I insert ether IP address into walled-garden.

Thanks

Best regards
mktwifi,

can you please explain better how or what ip address you added to the walled-garden?

thank u

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:40 pm

The IP address of whatever router you need to access gets added to the walled garden IP tab with an action of 'accept'.

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:38 pm

The IP address of whatever router you need to access gets added to the walled garden IP tab with an action of 'accept'.
I will try.

Thanks

salytwo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:08 am

I am trying to access userman page while my hotspot enabled but I found Error 404: not found, when I deactivate userman I can access userman page, so I tried walled gardian but not successful, Can u explain more in details?

Thanks

bluemoon
just joined

Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:33 pm

I am trying to access userman page while my hotspot enabled but I found Error 404: not found, when I deactivate userman I can access userman page, so I tried walled gardian but not successful, Can u explain more in details?

Thanks
Same problem http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=96052 i hope someone will help us to sort this out

hossain2004a
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:09 pm

In my Router' office. I enable 3 Ethers of MT, so in my clients's system if i'm gonna use webfig I just enter another Ether's IP. No need to Walled Garden anything at all.
And It's good for security reasons, no one can easily open your webfig. Even I chenge the Port of "WWW" service so it's harder to open my webfig page. Simply you can add NAT rule in your router so that you will not have to enter port and Ip (//routerip:port ) in your server for ease of your self :D :D

bluemoon
just joined

Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:36 pm

In my Router' office. I enable 3 Ethers of MT, so in my clients's system if i'm gonna use webfig I just enter another Ether's IP. No need to Walled Garden anything at all.
And It's good for security reasons, no one can easily open your webfig. Even I chenge the Port of "WWW" service so it's harder to open my webfig page. Simply you can add NAT rule in your router so that you will not have to enter port and Ip (//routerip:port ) in your server for ease of your self :D :D
I don't understand, can you please explain

hossain2004a
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:12 am

Sorry bluemoon.
I have 3 Ethers active. one for Hotspot and LAN and two others for internet.
If i'm gonna open my webfig or UM, I just enter another Ether's IP from client computer. should note that the only one who knows it it's me. so no one can open it easily so it's more secure.
So I think instead of Walled Gardening you router's IP in order to open in from Hotspot interface you can easily enter 2nd Ether's IP so you will access to your UM. I don't call this security because it's the basis of it.
I hope you understand my point. :D

bluemoon
just joined

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:03 am

Sorry bluemoon.
If i'm gonna open my webfig or UM, I just enter another Ether's IP from client computer. should note that the only one who knows it it's me. so no one can open it easily so it's more secure.
So I think instead of Walled Gardening you router's IP in order to open in from Hotspot interface you can easily enter 2nd Ether's IP so you will access to your UM. I don't call this security because it's the basis of it.
Thanks for your post. Our problem is different. I have two VLANs

192.168.42.1 - Vlan 42 Hotspot (login.myhotspot.xyz)
192.168.46.1 - Vlan 46 Signup Page

I'm trying to set a Hotspot. Hotspot is working fine, but when I try to signup a new account through 192.168.42.1/user/signup or login.myhotspot.xyz/user/signup, I am getting 404 Not Found error but hotspot user (vlan 42) can access same sign up page through 192.18.46.1/user/signup (vlan 46) but they can also see 192.168.46.1 (Router Login Page). How to deal with Error 404 and access UM Sign Up page from my hotspot vlan or prevent access to router login page and just allow sign up page through Vlan 46?

Walled garden is enabled and allowed

hossain2004a
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:01 pm

And if you disable that Walled Garden rule, would it be OK?

Thor187
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:09 pm

Sorry bluemoon.
Thanks for your post. Our problem is different. I have two VLANs

192.168.42.1 - Vlan 42 Hotspot (login.myhotspot.xyz)
192.168.46.1 - Vlan 46 Signup Page

I'm trying to set a Hotspot. Hotspot is working fine, but when I try to signup a new account through 192.168.42.1/user/signup or login.myhotspot.xyz/user/signup, I am getting 404 Not Found error but hotspot user (vlan 42) can access same sign up page through 192.18.46.1/user/signup (vlan 46) but they can also see 192.168.46.1 (Router Login Page). How to deal with Error 404 and access UM Sign Up page from my hotspot vlan or prevent access to router login page and just allow sign up page through Vlan 46?

Walled garden is enabled and allowed
I have this same issue - any resolution?

lalecarbon
just joined

Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi everyone
I define hotspot on mikrotik 2011 wlan1 by range of 10.50.78.1/24 and I want to access to usermanger. how can I do that?
I've installed usermanager package and hotspot is activateT but I can't access userman.

-also. I get "radius server not responding mikrotik hotspot" on hotspot page. how can I set address of radius address and userman? what's the connection between them?
Thank's in advance