Community discussions

MikroTik App

golontico
just joined
Topic Author

Help to configurate email notifications

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:11 am

Hello everyone i need your help i try and try to config my notification by email but i cant.
i configure settings my DNS ip right and my smtp primary like my thunderbird config but what i need to put in from in my case email ccount is jfae@xxxxx.com i put it in, is right? i use port 25 and I do not use connection security but if only username without password, there will not be any difference because we use the server name but i just put ip.

so when i try to do a test or prueba in spanish this happens... invalid from address

problem.JPG
so nothing email notifications

Please help and thks!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

golontico
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Help to configurate email notifications

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:00 am

any one help me please!!!!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 am

Make sure you have correctly specified the Email settings in the Dude general Settings window:
No answer to your question? How to write posts

blackpaw

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:31 am

Hello everyone i need your help i try and try to config my notification by email but i cant.
i configure settings my DNS ip right and my smtp primary like my thunderbird config but what i need to put in from in my case email ccount is jfae@xxxxx.com i put it in, is right? i use port 25 and I do not use connection security but if only username without password, there will not be any difference because we use the server name but i just put ip.

so when i try to do a test or prueba in spanish this happens... invalid from address

so nothing email notifications

Please help and thks!!!!
You need to put the email address of the Dude there! This will be the "from" field in the email that you will receive.
(example: "dude@your_company.com" )

This address needs to be allowed on your mail server, of course - the mail server needs to go in the general settings:
dude_mail.PNG
Success

Andreas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
life is one of the hardest

angboontiong
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:08 am

i am new to the dude..
just wonder know, for the email setting, we need to key in the email user, do we need the password for that account or?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:59 pm

this is for sending mails, not receiving them. mostly you won't need password for sending. if your mail server does need authentication, you can't use it for the Dude.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

golontico
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:35 am

Thkx for your help... now is working to send mail!!!! :D :D :D

golontico
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:24 am

thanks you for all...but now i have a new problem in our company we monitor systems getting alarms to pager but is like this address xxx@1234567.co.cr, in the part of numbers of address to the accept it no like a error in address then i push test to send all is ok but i don´t receive nothing in the pager....
If i put in address to other normal like @gmail.com or whatever ot send it good and i recieve a normal email in my inbox personal..
So my quetion is...we have any problem with the number?? the software dude can´t send it using numbers?

thks for your help!!!!

Pahan
just joined

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Setting-General-Primary_SMTP = 87.250.250.38
** smtp.yandex.ru ... the truth it still demands authentification how with these to be?
Setting-General-From = MyRealyEmail@yandex.ru

NOTIFICATION-A: MyRealyEmail@yandex.ru
When I press the TEST in a window of a NOTIFICATION I receive "Invalid FROM address"

That can I make what to receive notices?
Dude 4b3. Thank4this !!!