hmm, even more complicated. The speedtest everytime can open a connection for the test to different servers.
I can find some server usually used from ny network manually and put them manually in a dst adress list but how can this be done automatically?
Since ros cannot run a test, I am thinking of the following setup:
1. resolve name www.speedtest.net
and put IP in the dst-address-list
2. mangle rule mark connection going to this dst-address-list IP
3. mangle rule marks related connections and give new conn mark (or package mark)
4. this last connection (or marked packages) are now ´accepted´ and thus leave the mangle
5. these rules to be put before any other mangle rules that are used for QoS setup.
The aim is that when user runs this bandwith test the test always gets full allowed speed with highest priority. (Speed for users is in different router limited by simple queu).
This gives the most reliable test from users PC to the internet over my network while it is not ´mangled´ by QoS system.
Maybe further upgrade to a possible script or setup is that tests are limited to only "x" per hour or so to prevent users start hammering the AP network too much with too many tests.
After "x" times speedtest is also mangled and processed by QoS
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.
Rudy R. Puister
WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.